Unjust scores?

guardnerd07

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oooops posted the wrong info :)

but i thought all guards did great in finals!!!! but i thought these guards were/should have finished higher... just my opinion :)

Laurens Central HS (SO 14th)

Northmont HS (SO 10th)

Seminole HS (SO 3rd) --- thought they should have got 2nd

Emanon WG (IO 7th)

Braddock Open (IO 8th)

First Flight (IO 11th)

Flanagan HS (SW 4th)

Avon HS (SW 2nd)

Shenendehowa HS (SW 7th)

Onyx (IW 10th)

Corona (IW 8th)

NEI (IW 5th) --- should have been in a tie with Blessed Sac for 3rd

Edited by cmguard87

oh come on! You know your dying to say it!!! :sshh:

Nahhhhh, besides I am the only person who believes what I wanted to say, pretty sure.

Okay.......Corona should have gotten higher. If we are talking about the use of the triad (AH THE T WORD!) and so on......they should have at least been up another spot or even beat.....NEi............

FLAME AWAY!

The guards that I feel were short changed were both florida guards. They were both amazing at WGI and and should be proud of their performances :

1) Northeast Independent

2) Flanagan HS

I felt Flanagan should have been 3rd and NEI at least tied for 3rd. I want to say that I really enjoyed Aimachi but it was a bitter pill to swallow to see NEI passed up in the top 3 !!

This is how I feel about NEI`s weapons line.... :laugh::silly::laugh::silly::worthy: YOU ROCK !!!

The guards that I feel were short changed were both florida guards. They were both amazing at WGI and and should be proud of their performances :

1) Northeast Independent

2) Flanagan HS

I felt Flanagan should have been 3rd and NEI at least tied for 3rd. I want to say that I really enjoyed Aimachi but it was a bitter pill to swallow to see NEI passed up in the top 3 !!

This is how I feel about NEI`s weapons line.... :laugh::silly::laugh::silly::worthy: YOU ROCK !!!

Very few can beat Nei's weapon line. Quite frankly I don't think Pride was it. I loved Corona and think they got short changed. I was sitting off to one side and may have missed all of what the judges loved about Pride, I just didn't see them as the top guard of the night. I would have to say most of the top teams fell flat for me on Sat. night which is disapointing. I did have a great time watching everyone though. I just don't like seeing the same 3 guards getting medals every year when they really are not the top 3 on that night and it is susposed to be about who was the best at that moment not the day befor or last week.

I just don't like seeing the same 3 guards getting medals every year when they really are not the top 3 on that night and it is susposed to be about who was the best at that moment not the day befor or last week.

Well that's your opinion. I think the top 3 guards were definitely accurate. I personally thought maybe Fantasia was better than Pride (just my opinion), but I think Pride, Fantasia, and Aimachi were definitely the top 3. And obviously the judges thought so as well.

I think the judges have gotten the top three right every year except for 03 (flip flop Fantasia and Patriots please).....

It's not all about the weapon book either.....Prides movement was a lot better than NEi's IMO......

Sure NEi has good technique but is their vocabulary up to par with Prides? I dunno....someone help me out here.

I want to say that the top 2 guards were correct ...BUT... do not agree with the order that we all were witness too. Fantasia was the better guard saturday night and as far as ``I ``will remember ....they were the true winners. Pride was less perfect....movement included on saturday night and with the performance they did....all captions suffered. I do not think NEI is so far off the mark.....and I will not hesitate to say that in 08 ....NEI will not allow their Movement book to suffer like it was judged this past seson. One more thing to note....I marched in World Class WGI in 1982 and 1983 and Colorguard was Colorguard and less dance. I love the new stuff.....but will always remember the guards who still can perform good colorguard skills.