Unjust scores?

guardnerd07

I marched in World Class WGI in 1982 and 1983 and Colorguard was Colorguard and less dance. I love the new stuff.....but will always remember the guards who still can perform good colorguard skills.

I think ideally, a group should do both really well (spin and dance).

I personally liked Fantasia way better, and I really thought they would win. However, Pride probably did have more complexity in construction. That show was put together really really well. Unfortunately, it seemed like the performers were irrelevant in the judge's minds to determining the outcome. That was strictly a design decision.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally liked Fantasia way better, and I really thought they would win. However, Pride probably did have more complexity in construction. That show was put together really really well. Unfortunately, it seemed like the performers were irrelevant in the judge's minds to determining the outcome. That was strictly a design decision.

That's what I thought about Fantasia and Pride......I can't believe someone else was thinking what I was thinking.

Here are my thoughts.

SW-

James Logan desevered the gold. Everyone keeps saying Avon got cheated out but heres the way I look at it. Those girls on Avon are absolutly amazing, but their choice in music wasnt the best and the show itself wasnt as greatly put together as Logan's. Also I've been reading alot of things about Arcadia and Flanagan. I was able to see both guards in prelims and finals. Arcadia didn't have such a good run in prelims (but still good) or finals, while Flanagan had an amazing run in prelims and not such a good run in finals ( but still pretty good). I would have given the bronze to Flanagan because they always manage to have brilliant shows, while Arcadia on the other hand usually has those shows that have you wondering what your watching or what does it all mean?? I also believe that Shenendohowa should has placed higher, even though I wasn't so sure about my thoughts on the velvet floor they still had a really good show.

IW-

Well before I sat down to watch the IW I was so excited to watch Pride and Fantasia. Im sorry to say and know I may get attacked for saying this, but I was NOT impressed with either guards. I guess I'm holding them to certian standards but I thought both shows were going to be better. Aimachi was amazing but this is COLORGUARD, but the crowd was on the their toes for them. Northeast Independent, Phantom Regiment, and Corona, I think they were EXTREMELY cheated out. I agree with whoever mentioned NEI's weapon line, BREATH TAKING, they deserved third and I DONT CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS. Maybe I just enjoyed the show a little too much but personally Phantom should have placed higher. Corona! Oh I have plenty to say. I loved the show, I loved everything I just dont understand why in the world they got 8th, CLEARLY top 5. But one guard I forgot to mention was a guard that didnt even make finals. In Motion, maybe this just another show I fell in love with at the Vegas regional. But I thought they should have definatly made finals.

Those are my thoughts on WGI World Championships 2007

Here are my thoughts.

SW-

James Logan desevered the gold. Everyone keeps saying Avon got cheated out but heres the way I look at it. Those girls on Avon are absolutly amazing, but their choice in music wasnt the best and the show itself wasnt as greatly put together as Logan's. Also I've been reading alot of things about Arcadia and Flanagan. I was able to see both guards in prelims and finals. Arcadia didn't have such a good run in prelims (but still good) or finals, while Flanagan had an amazing run in prelims and not such a good run in finals ( but still pretty good). I would have given the bronze to Flanagan because they always manage to have brilliant shows, while Arcadia on the other hand usually has those shows that have you wondering what your watching or what does it all mean?? I also believe that Shenendohowa should has placed higher, even though I wasn't so sure about my thoughts on the velvet floor they still had a really good show.

IW-

Well before I sat down to watch the IW I was so excited to watch Pride and Fantasia. Im sorry to say and know I may get attacked for saying this, but I was NOT impressed with either guards. I guess I'm holding them to certian standards but I thought both shows were going to be better. Aimachi was amazing but this is COLORGUARD, but the crowd was on the their toes for them. Northeast Independent, Phantom Regiment, and Corona, I think they were EXTREMELY cheated out. I agree with whoever mentioned NEI's weapon line, BREATH TAKING, they deserved third and I DONT CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS. Maybe I just enjoyed the show a little too much but personally Phantom should have placed higher. Corona! Oh I have plenty to say. I loved the show, I loved everything I just dont understand why in the world they got 8th, CLEARLY top 5. But one guard I forgot to mention was a guard that didnt even make finals. In Motion, maybe this just another show I fell in love with at the Vegas regional. But I thought they should have definatly made finals.

Those are my thoughts on WGI World Championships 2007

Those Kids at In Motion can spin and preform as good as any world guard however that was not a world finales show. I loved it but it was a lot of tossing and not much else. They blew our socks off at the Tampa Regional they certianly can put it on the floor. My only wish is that they had been given a show that could take them all the way. IMO

I wouldn't say that Avon got cheated, their design and music choice were both why they did so well and why they got second. Their show pushed the boundaries, and pushed those young ladies to do a whole show without a pulse. This is a good thing, world class is about challenges. The equipment was great, but fell short slightly in vocab compared to Logan. And, the show was so intellectual that GE just wasn't there. I still loved it, and will always love it. I think I get it.........

As far as Corona goes, whoever said it is right, you do have to achieve your equipment work to get credit for it. Though......Michael Shapiro is getting really close to having a guard that can achieve his insane equipment work. When this happens you will undoubtedly see a medal around these kids necks. Could be next year!

That's what I thought about Fantasia and Pride......I can't believe someone else was thinking what I was thinking.

It's what I thought, as well. I'll have to wait until I view the DVD, but at the time, I actually thought Fantasia's show was constructed better, too. But maybe that was the actual performance influencing my perception. The only way I could reconcile the judging in my mind was to assume that Pride must've had more complexity in their show.

Edited by byline