Who should or will get promoted?

They did that in 2004 (at least with SA). It was pretty rough on the groups that were at the bottom of finals; they weren't really ready for Open Class. They need to promote a lot of the SO guards, though. SW was really thin this year. Only 20 guards in the class. And I really think the top 7 or 8 from SO are ready for World Class.

it wasn't 2004 when they promoted all of SA... by the looks of it, it was after the 2002 season... I looked up on Seminoles guard page under there history they mention after getting 15th in SA class at WGIs they were promoted to SO for the 2003 season... i also know that Naples HS was promoted to SO after the 2002 season and they finished 7th place with an 89.65 :)

and i too agree that SW seemed very small this year... im sure anyone that gets promoted should be proud of there achievements, no matter what class it is :)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think there should be a new class called "universe" and james logan and fantasia can complete against each other to see who wins!! :)

You're right, it was after the 2002 season that they promoted all of SA. I guess my memory is failing me. I don't know if they did the same thing with IA.

i think they did do the same thing with IA... Ventures i know was in IO the next year as was Top Hats who finished 11th with an 86.5 in IA in 2002... i also know that Shenendehowa spent years in IA and after the 2002 season they were in SO for 2003 and 2002 they finished 13th in IA.... so it might be a possibility that all IA guards were promoted to Open as well :)

i think there should be a new class called "universe" and james logan and fantasia can complete against each other to see who wins!! :)

There was some talk last year about merging some of the classes, instead of expanding them. I don't know all the details, but I think they should. I think especially in world, Avon, Logan and a few others could definitely hold their own against some of the top IW units.

In DCI, use to, Div. II & III medalists had the chance to compete in quater-finals with all the open class corps. Maybe explore something like that with Ind. & Schol.?

Conversely, I think there should be at least a 3 year waiting period for promotion. Let a group demonstrate they can compete successfully and medal in the lower classes consistently before they are promoted. So many have a really good year, are promoted, then fail to live up to the standards of the class they've been promoted to.

Edited by garfield_cadets

There was some talk last year about merging some of the classes, instead of expanding them. I don't know all the details, but I think they should. I think especially in world, Avon, Logan and a few others could definitely hold their own against some of the top IW units.

In DCI, use to, Div. II & III medalists had the chance to compete in quater-finals with all the open class corps. Maybe explore something like that with Ind. & Schol.?

Conversely, I think there should be at least a 3 year waiting period for promotion. Let a group demonstrate they can compete successfully and medal in the lower classes consistently before they are promoted. So many have a really good year, are promoted, then fail to live up to the standards of the class they've been promoted to.

In 1998 Bishop Kearney competed in IW after 5 straight championships in SW. I think they finished 4th.

I personally see no reason to combine or merge classes. I think it would be a good thing to increase the number in SO and SW, though. SA is over-populated in my opinion.

They did do the same thing with IA in 2002. Classics was 10th that year and got promoted.

I like the idea of a 3-year waiting period for promotion. Sometimes a guard can have a "hot year", and I don't think promoting somebody on the basis of one year's performance is the best thing. I think showing a proven track record of success is a better test of whether or not somebody should be promoted.

I think any SW guard scoring a 96 or better should be able to participate in IW finals, but the logistics just don't work right! However the top fifteen IW prelims scores still make it in, so it'd be like a 17 guard IW finals.......or something.....Maybe the top five from each class can duke it out or something.

In SO, I think everyone from Chino up should be bumped to World.

When looking at the SO scores, Norwin was only .2 behind Chino and Northmont only .8 behind them. And if you look at the scores in prelims and semi-finals, Norwin beat everyone up and through Marion Catholic. They just had a bad run in finals. If anything, I think if you were going to promote Chino on up, you should promote Northmont on up. IMHO