Who should or will get promoted?

A's to O and O's to W .......

Top three DEFINITELY!!! If not top fve.

Not only would it make for an interesting 2008 season but will also open up the classes on a local level! Everyone forgets about the local level!

Locally by me .... it's seems more like "I want to win", not challenging your kids!

What's happened to growth and achievement?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how much emphasis is placed on the staff for promotion. They say when you are bumped, that you can compete in world class with your current staff, but isn't it hard to tell what the staff actually knows unless you talk with them?

Not to sound rude, but how many times have you seen IO guards who get bumped to Open and have a world class calibur design that next year that can really compete.

It's really a disadvantage for the well trained performers, half the battle is to be able to trust your staff to give you a show that really works in your class.

::hops off soap box::

They say that staff is not considered at all in the review process. Whether or not that's actually true, nobody but the Review Committee knows.

If your group has been promoted to the World Class, it indicates that your current staff and performers are competent at the level that will allow them to be competitive with the groups currently in that class. It should be viewed as a natural result of a process of growth and development. You were able to arrive at this point through your own design and technical skills. It is reasonable to believe that this process will continue for you as you move into the next class.

Source

It states farther up in the FAQ about promotions they do not consider "who is on staff" meaning the names of the people on staff.....but they do consider if the staff is capable of a world class show. Check out the quote above.

So the question still stands (more rhetorically than literally I suppose) how much emphasis is placed on staff growth for the next season.

How would the WGI comittee know if the staff of a guard was capable of putting together an open or world class show unless they talked with and had a knowledge of how that staff works? And I don't think they take the time to interview the staff of each guard they are reviewing.

How would the WGI comittee know if the staff of a guard was capable of putting together an open or world class show unless they talked with and had a knowledge of how that staff works? And I don't think they take the time to interview the staff of each guard they are reviewing.

if a guard is top in it's division, than the judges assume that the instructors understand that division very well, and have the capabilities to push their level higher. winterguard is not only about the development of the performers, but also about pushing the boundries of the instructors to bring out new and boundry pushing ideas.

Yeah, they assume. But like I said, how many times has the transition been successful. I mean from IA to IO it's successful most of the time, but from IO to IW.....or SO to SW....yikes.

Lately it's been getting better, but not a whole lot.

i think there should be a new class called "universe" and james logan and fantasia can complete against each other to see who wins!! :)

I think that would be a cool idea.