For Those Able to Go to the Countdown...

Here's a report on the tornado. When I checked my watch, it was 4:00 pm. A Mapquest search of the following intersection shows Fail Road is the next road east of where I was on the Indiana Toll Road near LaPorte and just north.

Yeah, I should have grabbed the camera. But you just never know when seconds could make a difference. I was never in danger, but at the time, all I could think was, "Big upside-down funnel cloud reaching down from the sky and touching the ground in front of me = OMG...a tornado!"

LAPORTE -- LaPorte County sheriff's Detective Shayna Mireles, 32, was tracking a tornado about 4 p.m. Thursday when the tornado lifted her squad car and hurled it over a fence.

Mireles was taken to LaPorte Hospital, where her injuries were described as not life-threatening.

Mireles encountered the tornado on Fail Road, near County Road 700 North, according to Detective Sgt. Roger Bernard, her supervisor.

More

MIke, I'm just giving you a rough time. I really am glad you ran for the ditch and you're OK.

I guess the sheriff's Detective had a up lifting experience, EH !?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I'm odd. I happen to like a lot of the things Cesario says. He's a drum corps freak just like everyone else here.

His enthusiasm while introducing a show is contagious, and it makes me look for the things he's talking about. I wish the intros were kept in the Legacy DVD's. A lot of his comments were great and are now classics.

I remember him talking about PR in 95 or 96 and saying "it's like taking a bath in chocolate". That was spot on, IMO, and was an instant classic.

Just another drum corps fan,

I don't quite remember when he left the broadcast, but it was a good decision to use Delucia instead of him on the ESPN2 broadcast.

When I said " MICHAEL CESARIO!! Enough said".

That in no way was a slam on him what so ever..but rather the oppisite. Surprises abound with what he has to say about this or that..brings a lot of colorful ingsight I think and yes..you can't help but laugh at times.

Edited by Zeke