For Those Able to Go to the Countdown...

I'd vote for 85...jjust to #### people off!

Saw a freelancer member jacket at Santa Clarita btw....92-94 member.

Did you get a name?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No TP, but wanted some duct tape for those loud ### punks.

Cool...thanks.

How was the sound this time? I've been to all of the countdown/quarterfinals shows and there wasn't one of these that I came away thinking the sound was great.

This is my main gripe about these shows. I always wanted to hear drum corps on a movie theater system yet, the broadcasts just aren't able to utilize the equipment or the theater management has no clue how to configure their systems for the show.

The sound was weak. Right after the show started one guy beat me to the punch and went to tell the management to turn the volume up. It was OK after that.

I had originally decided to not go, but changed my mind at the last second and drove out to the Cinemark in Rosenberg Texas. (one of only two theaters in the 4 million strong Houston "area.") I'm glad I went because of the 80 Bridgeman, 95 Madison, 06 Cavaliers and the improved Santa Clara "Phantom" show.

There were only about 20 people in the theater (mostly high school band kids) I enjoyed the show, but it was a bit overpriced at $12.50. (just like everything with DCI).................

I've noticed the attendance has decreased every year at the theatre I go to in Denver. Maybe 150 in a 400 seat hall according to the manager.

How many theaters in Denver were showing the countdown this year, especially compared to the previous two years?

The sound and contrast during Madison was awful!!

The 1995 recordings in general were awful, no remastering will be able to fix that.

Anybody notice the Cavalier silks in the final tune looked like flames as they spun?

Yeah, kind of like in a steel factory.

Maybe just the quality of the video, but for the most part I was also not impressed with this episode. Forgot how much I enjoyed 94 BD and Star of Indiana seemed to impress me more tonight than the 1/2 dozen times I saw their show live.

8. 87 Cadets

7. 80 Bridgemen

6. 93 Star

5. 94 Blue Devils

4. 06 Cavaliers

3. 06 Phantom

2. 95 Scouts

1. 89 SCV

How many of these were repeats of prior countdowns? I remember SCV, Star, Bridgemen...Cadets?? FAR too many....if you;ve appeared you should be removed from teh voting list

80 Bridgemen, 93 Star, 89 SCV were the repeats.

I've said this in another thread: I'm betting one of the reasons DCI went with totally open voting this year is because of the 35th anniversary angle. Figure they use this format every five years and go with the other format in between.

Cool...thanks.

How was the sound this time? I've been to all of the countdown/quarterfinals shows and there wasn't one of these that I came away thinking the sound was great.

This is my main gripe about these shows. I always wanted to hear drum corps on a movie theater system yet, the broadcasts just aren't able to utilize the equipment or the theater management has no clue how to configure their systems for the show.

I could not agree more. At the Boston theatre I attended I asked that the sound be turned up but nothing seem to happen. The sound is better on my home system. The bass is especially lacking. Also the picture was not great. The big screen was fun but the whole experience is pretty disappointing.

In order...

8. 87 Cadets

7. 80 Bridgemen

6. 93 Star

5. 94 Blue Devils

4. 06 Cavaliers

3. 06 Phantom

2. 95 Scouts

1. 89 SCV

BOOOOOOOORIIIIIING...