Conquest, best recording of...

Darn, forgot all about that version. And Orus Kavnor jumps into the lead for great drum writing.

Somebody keep reminding me that there was life before "Proocession on the Nobles" :rolleyes:

If you go to limewire.com, download the free software, start it say later when it wants to update... do a audio search for 1969 Boston Crusaders that is where l found it though a bit illegal but worth it..

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys were awesome those 2 years Dusti.

Thanks for the memories!!!!

I was one of the 20 something members of the hornline in 79 Bari. we bought the house down everyshow with the show we did, and never mind the teaser of leaving the feel to a drum solo only to turn around and blast conquest.. I was lucky to be a member of BAC for 2 seasons 78 and 79. The thought of hearing the crowd everyshow has my hairs on my neck standing. I have always thought bout a corps going old school be it Boston, Madison 75 type show.. SVC mid 70's show.. blue devils just to see the crowd go nuts....

thanks for the memories again and keep it going

DustyG

67-70 Norwood MA Continentals

71-77 21st Lancers

78-79 BAC

You guys were awesome those 2 years Dusti.

Thanks for the memories!!!!

were to incrediable years. 1979 especially, with the musical score we played with power and making every dci finals event except nationals. was so cool. At DCI north l believe, was cool during the retreat us coming in and standing in formation between madison and l think phantom and both of them applauding us that was totally cool. Was an incrediable year all the way around...

top show was CYO Nats. the way the crowd went crazy coudlnt hear the guy next to you playing..

Dusty G

Lead Bari, 78-79 BAC

Always a pleasure Mr. G (aka Dusty) I honestly don't remember, but who was the other so-called "Lead-Bari"? Oh by the way, I'm still waiting for my sticker. Never forget VIKING the night before prelims.

Hey there, other lead bari was Tuna, the drill was written as a follow the leader type of drill so we could cover most of the field with four paces in between. l was on one side and Tuna was on the other... tough to play the same parts too with 40 yards inbetween.... That was a fabulous year too, incrediable fun and what a year to age out.. What sticker? that nite before prelims with who was it Mikey took the flag pole off the top of the head during the suicide thing we did.. any way

where in the hell is Pell City Alabama

Always a pleasure Mr. G (aka Dusty) I honestly don't remember, but who was the other so-called "Lead-Bari"? Oh by the way, I'm still waiting for my sticker. Never forget VIKING the night before prelims.

Hey Ray, give me yoru email address again, l will scan it and get it to you....l lost the email and now remember what the sticker thing is about...

hope all is well with you

talk to you soon

Dusty

Hey Ray, give me yoru email address again, l will scan it and get it to you....l lost the email and now remember what the sticker thing is about...

hope all is well with you

talk to you soon

Dusty

Actually "Tuna" played 3rd that year, it was either 1st or 3rd he didn't like 2nd. If I remember correctly. E-mail address on the way. I'll be at your place of employment tomorrow around noon, love 6 Memorial day parades in 2 days.

Edited by BAC76-80

Best year for "Conquest"? Well, the University of Southern California Trojan Marching Band (aka Greatest Marching Band in the History of the Universe) plays an outstanding version near the end of every football game the Trojans win - so we hear it often

Fight On!

My wife says the USC version of Conquest sucks, and she got her degree there. Edited by VKMello84