Pavilion Show in N. CA

I'm not much for commentaries, albeit, I'm a Babs Walters wanabe, (or the interviewer of your choice! ) I came "aboard" just before the Renegades' peformance which was great! I esp. liked the opening "statement" as well as the Jazz Police tune...(partail to the DCA mini-corps performance from last year!) I can't wait to hear the "Stone Ground Seven" drum solo, stick work and all, ('80 SCV). The Alumni performance was LOUD and you say all of them weren't there? I enjoyed the drumset work and how the toms were tuned...very nice! Tom Weiske, "79-'82 BD alumni did a grand job. Then BD, (cool uni's I might add!) Hard to hear the battery, but the two-height rolls and drum break parts were awesome! Very "chops" oriented...fast! Of course, it's always a pleasure to see your fellow comrades from the past, present and future! Getting a hug and smile from ScoJo makes my day! :P

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not much for commentaries, albeit, I'm a Babs Walters wanabe, (or the interviewer of your choice! ) I came "aboard" just before the Renegades' peformance which was great! I esp. liked the opening "statement" as well as the Jazz Police tune...(partail to the DCA mini-corps performance from last year!) I can't wait to hear the "Stone Ground Seven" drum solo, stick work and all, ('80 SCV). The Alumni performance was LOUD and you say all of them weren't there? I enjoyed the drumset work and how the toms were tuned...very nice! Tom Weiske, "79-'82 BD alumni did a grand job. Then BD, (cool uni's I might add!) Hard to hear the battery, but the two-height rolls and drum break parts were awesome! Very "chops" oriented...fast! Of course, it's always a pleasure to see your fellow comrades from the past, present and future! Getting a hug and smile from ScoJo makes my day! :P

Hey Kelley , saw you at the last minute just before we went on and then did not get a chance to say hi. Nice to see you and glad you enjoyed the show.

Oh, and Mistress Kelli, dressed like a cross between a french parlor-maid and a goth Raggedy-Ann doll, looked good enough to eat ...

:laugh: Why thank you!

It was definitely a treat going on later in the show (instead of our normal 1st or 2nd on). Real nice size crowd to perform to!

BD/SCV alumni corps brought me TO TEARS!!! It's one thing to listen to these tunes on CD but entirely different hearing them LIVE!!! Plus it's really cool to see a lot of familiar faces in the line: Kimela, Jim Nordin, Roland, Chris, Tom, Dugada, Betsy - I applaud you!!!

Special thanks to the Mandarins and Efrain for loaning me a ladder (since we forgot ours). :laugh:

:laugh: Why thank you!

Oh no, my dear, thank you! :)

Well, you, or someone else, might want to run the notion by Mr. Gibbs of having a standing alumni, exhibition-only, type corps that is open to all who want to dust off the mouthpiece and play some good old charts. It might be an idea that's time has come (or there are just a lot of us old, used-up, baby boomers who still have enough juice in use left to want to kick it old-school and jam.)

horrible idea.. that wouldnt be an alumni corps now would it? an alumni corps should be just that.. an alumni corps. otherwise it will just be a tribute corps.

and yes, the kingsmen alumni corps should change their name to the kingsmen tribute corps.

I'm afraid the critics who like to use the Blue Devils as their poster child for cut and paste arrangements in drum corps will likely enjoy criticizing this show. Particularly the way they chopped up Pegasus.

I thought it was OK. Looking forward to checking out the entire production very soon.

I'm afraid the critics who like to use the Blue Devils as their poster child for cut and paste arrangements in drum corps will likely enjoy criticizing this show. Particularly the way they chopped up Pegasus.

I thought it was OK. Looking forward to checking out the entire production very soon.

wait for the full show. Pegasus was chopped up for this performance because their were parts of it that weren't good enough to play for the public. lets just say crazy hard 16th note runs. good things come to those who wait