2007 Predictions

So I normally don't post on these threads, because, well, they're stupid. But I'm procrastinating on my last paper so here's my shot at this. I'm not going to go below the top six or so corps, because 1) I think there is a lot room for movement below there. 2) I never really pay attention to them except for Madison. I know they work hard and lot of people like those shows, but it's a personal preference thing. I'm a snob, sue me.

I'm sorry. I'll work on getting that ring so that I may just be deserving of your attention.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that INTER will finally make an appearance, showing everyone what drum corps really is. I hear its a good corps, I have yet to see it though!

My altered predictions:

1-5 some corps.

6. Not Cadets

7. Not Cadets

8-22. Some other corps.

Only 100% correct predictions on DCP.

^0^

I'm sorry. I'll work on getting that ring so that I may just be deserving of your attention.

don't whine. you still get more attention than any Div. 2/3 corps, except for maybe Academy.

don't whine. you still get more attention than any Div. 2/3 corps, except for maybe Academy.

True. I wasn't whining, though. No matter what, you'll find people who take most of a competition to talk and eat hot dogs. Just calling a guy out who blatantly dissed all but six corps in the entire activity.

1. Crossmen (GE)

2. Cavies

3. Phantom

4. BD

5. Coats

6. Crown (Guard)

7. Vanguard

8. FL Crusaders

9. Spirit (Brass)

10. Glassmen (drums)

11. Cadets (drugs)

12. Academy

I have insider information from the judges guild that says this is the actual rundown. Consider me a prophet.

We'll never know until it all happens. I'm sure many of the new staff of 2005 SCV who came in to replace some of the big names who left (after a 3rd place finish in 2004) had plenty of experience in their backgrounds, and had done some fine things in all areas of the marching arts. But the 2005 SCV still dropped all the way down to 8th that year. There's no magic formula. Sometimes the same exact staff can produce something that doesn't work as well as it did the year before (see 2006 Cadets).

What are you talking about? The major SCV staff changes were 2006 (when they began to rebound).

Edited by patblamo

Rut-roh might be talking about the percussion staff. Of which the big names left after 04.

Yeah the losses of Jim Casella and Jim Ancona after 2004 hurt.

As did losing Gino Cipriani and some key brass people.

As did losing Adam Sage and some key color guard people.

Those are some key contributors.