2007 Predictions

This seems like it could be the most competitive year this decade! Maybe the most competitive top to bottom since 1990! I look at the predictions and see soooo many corps that I have a good feeling about.

I think Troopers, Academy, Blue Stars, Crossmen, and Colts are having really good Springs.... Now I read great things about Spirit. I saw Madison a little while back and believe they are gonna be fine. As always, PR and Cavies seem fine. Then there's Crown.

The only corps I haven't heard much on or have possible doubts are Cadets, Boston, and BK. I dunno, I just think it's going to be one of those magically good years that we haven't seen in a long while!

Good Luck to all of them!

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see big seasons for Crown, Colts, Crossmen, and my adopted hometown's corps, Spirit. I went to their ensemble rehearsal tonight and was suprised to find how impressed I was. I'm usually closer to indifferent about Spirit but still support them because of my friends from school and my general loyalty to the alma mater, but I must say I'm really excited for them this summer. I can easily say that this is the best designed show they've had since they've moved to Alabama, better than '02 or '03. The visual package they've lacked the past couple years is there to match the powerful brass (more so than last year, I dare say) and stellar percussion sections. I was wowed a few times with the drill (and the guard, even! and I'm strictly a hornline watcher) and that's something that has failed to happen the past couple years, and is something I feel has kept them from advancing from 12th, because it certainly hasn't been the hornline. (Again, wow!)

I was also there tonight at Spirit's ensemble rehearsal. I think a lot of people are going to be surprised this year, particularly those predicting that Spirit will fall from the top 12. I can see Crossmen and/or Colts making it into the top 12, but not at the expense of Spirit.

At one point tonight, I went down to talk to Big Ken from CorpsVets, who was sitting in his favorite spot to watch drum corps, the "blast zone" on about the fifth row on the 50. The corps was working the end of show, and the horns were so powerful, I thought my ears were going to start bleeding. Then, I went up to the top level of the press box for the run-through, and was really impressed with how well they sounded from up there. And scalenesofar, you're spot on about the visual program this year. So much better than recent years, when I suspect they weren't getting the designer's best stuff. Lot's of "wow" moments in this year's package. :huh:

I marched in the first three years of Spirit, and know what it's like to be the corps that surprises everyone (1978, when we were virtually unheard of, and jumped from 23rd to 6th). I'm starting to feel some of those same kind of vibes from this year's Spirit.

Edited by oldsoprano

Last summer and fall, I was surprised to find how great things can sound from the top of that pressbox. As tall as the thing is, I know you'd get a good view, especially after sneaking up to the top to watch bands between tabulating things for the Phi Mu Alpha Southern Classic the past couple years. I was in an accident the day before it last year and got to see the Marching Southerners from up there, in complete in total awe because after four years being in it, I had still never seen us except on DVD. Better still, I was volunteering at Jacksonville DCI show last summer, helping the tabulators, and I got to see Phantom and Spirit from up there. :worthy: I was in heaven! :)

• 2 months later...
You can be sure that I'll be resurrecting this topic come August '07 to prove myself right. Cadets in 7th place will not happen. I am 100% sure of that.
brian, im looking forward to the reposting, i assure you that there's a smirk waiting 3 months in my future.

So yeah.

interesting how everything turned out this summer....somer people actually came close in their predictions

yeah i saw yours....if you just moved coats to 7th and shifted the same order up you would've been very close

As of May 7th 2007:

1.Blue Devils

2.Phantom Regiment

3.The Cavaliers

4.Santa Clara Vanguard

5.Bluecoats

6.Carolina Crown

7.The Cadets

8.Blue Knights

9.Glassmen

10.Blue Stars

11.Spirit

12.Madison Scouts

13.Boston Crusaders

14.The Academy

15.Colts

16.Southwind

17.Troopers

other predictions......................

pregnancies conceived on tour:0

# Gold Bond bottles used:3,000

HAHA I ONLY GOT 4 RIGHT GO ME!!!! HOWEVER, I DID GET THE WINNER RIGHT!!!

Go Devils!