BK's visual style

BK's visual style  

181 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like BK's visual style?

• Yes
    • No
    • Meh

So you might want to actually go back and READ the posts you are criticizing before you go off on how people can be fickle and hypocritical. Otherwise, you're really no better than that which you seem to disdain. People have stated their dislike of this technique for a variety of reasons, as well as their reasons for LIKING it for a variety of reasons. BK members themselves realize that it's not everyone's cup of tea. It is what it is. Some people like it, some people don't.

First: You don't strike me as an "old school purist" so I wouldn't take my statement too personally. SECOND: I used my post to make somewhat of a prognostication of what I might see PRIOR to reading it as a test to see if I might be correct or not in thinking that many posters on this forum are rather "fickle"...so I don't know that you can exactly throw the "hypocrisy bone" back at me because I did make clear that it WAS only an assumtion and intended as such.

However, I have now read the rest of the thread and am so far pleasently surprised to see that the "consistency" that I thought may be lacking in people's "varying opinions" is actually not as bad as I thought. It seems as though the "modernists" are the ones who don't like it (like yourself...which is at least consistant with what should be the case) and the purists...well....by the looks of the signatures are not really anywhere to be found on this thread yet. But the thread is also still young. So, I'll hold on to my prognostication for at least a little longer before I retract.

Edited by passionatedc

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not read more than the first post of this thread but I will bet any some of money that if I do read further...

Why, that's like saying you know with 100% certainty where a corps will place this summer!

I will see that some of the same "old school purists" who complain that "the activity does not have enough variety and that corps do not have enough individual character and personality" are knocking the Blue Knights technique because it's so "out of the norm".

And the fickleness and hypocrisy of so many DCP posters continues...

Heh heh... wrong. :P

Try actually reading the thread before making yourself look foolish, eh?

Why, that's like saying you know with 100% certainty where a corps will place this summer!

Ahhh...but I never said that I knew with "100% certainty" that my assumption would be correct. If I did, you would have a case. But I didn't, and therefore...your point is void.

Ahhh...but I never said that I knew with "100% certainty" that my assumption would be correct. If I did, you would have a case. But I didn't, and therefore...your point is void.

But you said you would "bet any sum of money" on it. Sounds pretty confidant to me.

HIS point is void?

~>conner