BK's visual style

BK's visual style  

181 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like BK's visual style?

• Yes
    • No
    • Meh

Personally, I love the fact that they try to be unique. I'd rather see a corps do something different like BK does than simply follow the crowd. I have also enjoyed their programs the past few years - especially last year. I absolutely LOVE the music from last year!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Blue Knights marching style is not a bicycle step. If you break down the step, you'll notice that we push from the back foot, and point our foot at a 90 degree angle at the pass, keep it pointed until we flip our foot on the next step. A little more complicated than "left, then right, then left again", but it does make our style unique to others, and when done correctly, does look a lot more fluid.

As for the dancing/visual program, I've always believed it adds a lot more to the show as if you're watching an opera or a ballet. I don't think that any of you can say with confidence that you'd rather watch a show where the horns do nothing but hold the horn up for 11 minutes straight over a tuba line twinkling their toes. Some of you say that BK's shows are boring and hard to watch. When was the last time you went to an opera, or a ballet? You can go to as many rock concerts and hear the same song that your favorite radio station has already played 150 times today, then go to a ballet and wonder why you aren't connecting. Almost like going to a drum corps show, hearing "Simple Gifts", "Take 5", or "Cool", then watching a Blue Knights show.

You may not like it, you may not understand it, but don't you think that drum corps would be an excruciatingly boring activity if everybody did the same thing as everyone else?

I adore the Blue Knights' visual style. It's completely unique, which is more than I can say for a lot of visual stuff on the field. And it works for them. It's like the whole corps dances. It's great, IMO. When it's at the top of the game, it's bad-###.

That is all.

yes. The kick step is original, though I'm not sure I'd be able to march it.

~>conner

HOLY CRUD, BK is actually gettin some attention on DCP

I personally enjoy the style. It is unique and adds difficulty to the show.

I love BK and their unique visual style. Although I do enjoy some shows prior to 1999, that was the year they truly won me over as a big fan.

Ick. I really don't like the look of that knee pop step off. Very distracting to me, and it seems like there are different variations of it within the corps itself.

The Blue Knights marching style is not a bicycle step. If you break down the step, you'll notice that we push from the back foot, and point our foot at a 90 degree angle at the pass, keep it pointed until we flip our foot on the next step. A little more complicated than "left, then right, then left again", but it does make our style unique to others, and when done correctly, does look a lot more fluid.

As for the dancing/visual program, I've always believed it adds a lot more to the show as if you're watching an opera or a ballet. I don't think that any of you can say with confidence that you'd rather watch a show where the horns do nothing but hold the horn up for 11 minutes straight over a tuba line twinkling their toes. Some of you say that BK's shows are boring and hard to watch. When was the last time you went to an opera, or a ballet? You can go to as many rock concerts and hear the same song that your favorite radio station has already played 150 times today, then go to a ballet and wonder why you aren't connecting. Almost like going to a drum corps show, hearing "Simple Gifts", "Take 5", or "Cool", then watching a Blue Knights show.

You may not like it, you may not understand it, but don't you think that drum corps would be an excruciatingly boring activity if everybody did the same thing as everyone else?

Well said