Music City Metal: The Southern Drum Corps Showdown

Nashville may be known for it's "Country" music, but Nashville also has rich traditions in all types of music. Music City Legend is proud to be from Nashville, but please don't think that we are a "Country" corps. We are definitely not. (I live only 1 mile from the Grand Ole Opry.................I have never attended in my entire life!! Give me the Nashville Symphony or any of the other music venues downtown any day!!!!)

We are excited about hosting our first ever DCA show this summer. Music City Metal is shaping up to be an event you don't want to miss!!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Music City Metal" sounds like a good name for a salvage yard- or a place to pick up a transmission for your pickup truck.

Should not the title represent more than the city of Nashville- isn't this a show for your entire region?

"Music City Mettle" isn't any better either I guess. Was "Mettle" the intended alliteration?

Edited by boafan

"Music City Metal" sounds like a good name for a salvage yard- or a place to pick up a transmission for your pickup truck.

Should not the title represent more than the city of Nashville- isn't this a show for your entire region?

"Music City Mettle" isn't any better either I guess. Was "Mettle" the intended alliteration?

No ...umm metal as in - intensity - brass - chrome - the loud - etc.

There were a lot of show names suggested, but oh well, a show is a show. When you're peeling your face off the bleachers when it's all over, it really won't matter what it's called. It's good drum corps at a good time in a great city, and as DCAS grows, it will just keep getting better.

Dang...so much stuff to do this summer... :ph34r:

Edited by Toby

When is the Music City Metal Golf Tournament?

Ooo, good idea! There is actually a golf course just down the road from the show site... No contests on that Sunday!

When is the Music City Metal Golf Tournament?

Grand Ol' Golf. 8:00 a.m. shotgun start. Beware of the holes with the windmill and the dinosaur. You'll want to keep your tee shot on the right side of the fairway. Oh, and this is not a BYOC (bring your own cooler) course. Pop and Icees only. :P

Seriously, if we've got some folks interested in teeing it up Sun. a.m. we might be able to get out there and dig some divots. Lemme know. I've got Regi Jones on my team. He is the Imelda Marcos of golf - owns about 30 pairs of golf shoes. That must mean he's a good player, right?