Div II/III Championships Location

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Ryan ...Randy here....GO LANCERS!!!!!! i persoally love haveing any type of dci event at the college i teach at!!!!

Am sure it will be a much better stadium than where they had us in Denver a couple of years ago.

Michael

I didn't find Denver all that bad really. The warm-up/rehearsal areas were a bit out there and having that "rehearsal section A" and "rehearsal Section B" was a bit confusing, but the field itself was nice. Pasadena will for sure have a better (elevation) view of the field for the fans than what was in Denver.

Pasadena will for sure have a better (elevation) view of the field for the fans than what was in Denver.

Denver was not that great for fans. Some of the unique visual moments that year was with the Raiders and Yamato, which was lost to many of the fans that week. But, of course, the lightning made for a great backdrop. I still wonder if ECJ didn't pick up a few extra GE points playing through the passing storm! :P

Michael

it's an excellent stadium, quite worthy of div II/III. the school has excellent facilities and is close to many good shops/restaurants, parking is good. :D

My concerns are less about the field, and more about logistics. I was there for the Rose Parade show in 05. Getting a large pit on and off will be a trial, it's all going to have to leave via the rear of the field and directly onto a residential street, which will have to be closed. There's only one real way in and out, as well as one way in and out of the lot. Warm up will have to be on the campus somehwere, and the lot and the stadium are real close, so it's treck for warm-up space. I'm more concerned about pit than brass and drums.

All staff attending the event will need to be savvy about maps and timing and such.

It's also pretty low, but a low full stadium is better than a large empty one. Side 2 endzone has a parking structure as well.

Joe SPAM Miller

VK

Getting a large pit on and off will be a trial, it's all going to have to leave via the rear of the field and directly onto a residential street.

Or bass drum playing bunny's.

What? Who said that?

Good thing we will be parachuting in!

Here are the baris from last camp. Adrian is a little low......

parachutes.jpg

DO you realize how hard this is clean drill when they are parachuting in!

Good God!

And yes, Adrian is a touch low.

Speaking of parachuting in, I remember we were the first corps on at DCI Central in Kalamazoo in '04, and while we were at the gate, all of the show sponsors (I think that's who it was...) parachuted onto the field as they were each being introduced.

Good times