Copying DCI DVD's to hard drive.

Hey, I have the 05 and 06 championship DVDs. What's the easiest way to put these on my hard drive to view as WMV (or something similar), while still retaining the audio/video options for each corps?....I'm not looking to share/do anything illegal, I just want to have them on my comp instead of needing 8+ discs on hand.

DVD Decrypter was the absolute best program, but it has recently been shut down. check out these sites for more info and options:

http://www.dvdhelp.us/dvddecrypter/dvddecrypter.html

http://www.imgburn.com/

also....hint, hint......check out videora iPod converter for, um, iPod conversions

It's also against the law, thanks to the Millenium Digital Copyright Act, brought to you by the recently deceased Jack Valenti from the MPAA (the movie ratings people.)

You're no longer legally entitled to "make back-up copies" of your media.

I'm just sayin' ...

It's also against the law, thanks to the Millenium Digital Copyright Act, brought to you by the recently deceased Jack Valenti from the MPAA (the movie ratings people.)

I'm just sayin' ...

its only against the law in the country/countries that it applies to. :blush:

I'm just sayin' ...

Recent court decision has laid the foundation to create a true fair use exception, so backing up for your own use may actually be ok:

http://www.cepro.com/news/editorial/18137.html

Personally, I have about 80 movies and probably 2-300 TV show episodes on my media center. Men in Black haven't gottem to me yet.

As for what you are looking for, if you are on Mac, I would recomment either:

Mac The Ripper

or, possibly

Drive-In (this latter one seems to not be getting much development, but it does work.

If you don't mind losing some of the features and just want the performances, Handbrake works awesome. I have four or five years on my media center now that I can watch in bed. :-)

Edited by USNA90_Mello

Interesting a post of mine, describing how I ripped a DCI DVD that I legally purchased so I could make a legal archival backup on my computer should the DVD disk become damaged, is gone.

Must have gotten too close to something out there...sorry 'bout that.

Geeesh...

I've never seen anything that will let you shrink to a different format, yet still maintain all menus and options. Sorry .. not possible. If you're looking to maintain the entire DVD in it's full function yet cram it on a 4.7 gig rather than a dual layer ... DVD Shrink is the way to go. ....... At a store near you.

I've never seen anything that will let you shrink to a different format, yet still maintain all menus and options. Sorry .. not possible. If you're looking to maintain the entire DVD in it's full function yet cram it on a 4.7 gig rather than a dual layer ... DVD Shrink is the way to go. ....... At a store near you.

you mean a download in about 2 minutes :P