Ballard Screamers

That would be mallards. :)

I know, I just thought it was odd that the OP mispelled ballad the same way twice. :)

Maybe I'm alone on this, but I kind of like hearing the crowd shouts during shows (obviously there are some that get to me: KRYSTALLLLLLL!!!!!, and other ballad moments). I'll agree and say that a ballad is the wrong place to yell and scream, but throughout the rest of the show, I kind of like it.

I've got my own "make the DVD" moment planned for HYPE this summer :)

Steve Ballard always screams during shows. Dang Ballard Screamers!

:beer:

I thought this was going to be a topic about trumpet soloists :/

I'm in the group that thinks it adds color and character to the finals recordings. I agree there are shows that I can't imagine not hearing the comments.

"Oh my God the baby's burning!" "Lisa!" ROFL

(not in a ballad, but you get the point :P )

• Like 1

I got excited the only year I have got to go to finals and one of my friends was "dancing in the dark" for the Bluecoats, and I yelled, and you can hear me, and I apologize. What made it worse, was everyone's head snapped back at me when I did it, and most of them had Bloo shirts on. I was embarrassed. :beer:

• Like 1

... I think we should expose them with a spotlight, then go into the stands and interview them (names and all) and really give them their due, this way we will know exactly who #@*&@$ %$ what would have been a marketable product...

I've always been in favor of throwing these folks off the back of the stadium wall, letting them plummet to their deaths in the parking lot below. Some say that's just too old school.

How about making them stand outside the stadium wearing a sandwich board that reads "I'm the Moron who ruined ____________ (fill in name of corps) show 'cause I couldn't keep my mouth shut."

Yelling because a corps does something great is one thing. Yelling just to make the CD is lame. Here's how you make the CD....march on Saturday night. If you can't do that....you're SOL.

Almost as lame are the guys in America/O'Canada that hang over at the end on some ugly note or take it up three octaves. Real classy.