Parades and Junior Corps

As a lot of All-Age and non-competative (aka Alumni) corps are getting ready for Memorial Day parades and concerts I started thinking about the Junior side of the activity. Cadets and/or Crossmen used to do a pre-season(?) parade near Boston(?) a few years ago but can't remember the details.

Quick and easy, do any Junior corps (any division) do any parades anymore? Particulary interested in Patriotic, local area or parades for the sponsors.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spartans do a kazillion parades, check their web site...

As a lot of All-Age and non-competative (aka Alumni) corps are getting ready for Memorial Day parades and concerts I started thinking about the Junior side of the activity. Cadets and/or Crossmen used to do a pre-season(?) parade near Boston(?) a few years ago but can't remember the details.

Quick and easy, do any Junior corps (any division) do any parades anymore? Particulary interested in Patriotic, local area or parades for the sponsors.

This weekend is a parade weekend for us. And of course, there's the July 4th parades.

We do a boatload over the course of the summer with Pioneer, but it's mostly early to mid-season, doing three on the Fourth of July. We also have one coming up on Monday. In short, we do alot of em at Pioneer.

Last year Crossmen did three on Memorial day in Jersey, bunker hill in boston, bristol, wakefield MA, and another one in RI.

Midwest corps in general do a ton of parades - I used to dread the 4th of July.

In fact, my first performance with Regiment was a parade on memorial day.

Every year (in KK and PR) we did the 4th of July parades. Though we only did one 4th of July parade in PR. KK usually did atleast 3. But like Brandon said, they do a Memorial Day parade and it seems like we did another one...