Corps jackets

DAYAM!!!!! Rick V...put that bad boy on a t-shirt next year and you'll sell them like VK and the wild pants in 90!!!

I'm with you Sam! This needs to make its way to a souvie stand sometime soon!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My original "wind breaker" jacket was trashed, so my parents bought me a new one. All my patches however, are on a custom made jacket. I also have my Kingsmen Alumni Corps jacket that I need to put some patched on.

My jackets:

Avant Garde, 27th Lancers and Star of Indiana member jackets.

White Star jackets were given to the age-outs.

CIMG0623.jpg

The 27th corps jacket....was not a "corps" jacket. It was more like a "year" jacket. We never, collectively had a corps jacket which could be recognized from year to year. There might be a few people each year who ordered a jacket at the same sporting goods store, and they were identical.

In 1974, the corps did do a "corps purchase" of jackets, but they were a one time shot - and never repeated again. I suspect yours is the same. No matter - you earned it - with pride.

The 27th corps jacket....was not a "corps" jacket. It was more like a "year" jacket. We never, collectively had a corps jacket which could be recognized from year to year. There might be a few people each year who ordered a jacket at the same sporting goods store, and they were identical.

In 1974, the corps did do a "corps purchase" of jackets, but they were a one time shot - and never repeated again. I suspect yours is the same. No matter - you earned it - with pride.

Lancer Legend,

You are correct. There were some different jackets worn by corps members. One common one was a green windbreaker with white script lettering on the back. Most of the folks that I marched with had the same jacket that I have in the picture. It is a heaver khaki with a red plaid lining inside. No matter which jacket you had, in 27th, you earned it!

I don't have a closeup of my 27th one, but I'm wearing it in this photo from this flickr set:

174364818_6b3c9026da.jpg

There's a few draped around in this bus shot:

174364639_f6bc492c06.jpg

Love the jacket but can't fit into it, yikes!

In the closet - no matter where that closet is....

Sold my red VK shoes in the madison parking lot after finals for $25. Food money for the ride home.... :tongue: