I'm a little scared

I'm moving in for all-days pretty soon and as much as I am excited, I can't help but feel scared too. I've been having a hard time at camps. I've been working out and all that good stuff in between camps, but I'm not sure if I did enough. It's just kinda scary to think, if I could barely survive a camp, how am I gonna do at all days?

Anyone have any suggestions for me?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just keep going. One thing about working everyday vs. once a week is that you will begin to build endurance. So no sweat. Just keep on pushin.

Eliminate the phrase "ALL DAYS" from your mind. Just focus on your show, every rep, every opportunity you get, make it better. One set at a time. When you're done for the day ... hit the sack as soon as you can. If you're still a bit overweight, it will be gone in 2 - 3 weeks tops. You'll be in great shape by July 4th. Might even need a new uniform size.

When you feel tired, be the first to hype and run back to your set. Be intense. Will yourself past your limits and you'll be amazed how easy all days are.

Or like a good friend of mine said

"This is a new day--yesterday is done--you've got to be JAMMIN' today better than yesterday."--R.H.T.

That statement can be good for anything! Approach each day as a new day, with a new positive outlook on what you are doing.

You'll be fine. Many can't get through camp season (even some veteran members), but All-Days you will be training yourself, and your body will go through changes as well--but now that you are with your corps for a long amount of time, you will get used to it and it will become "first nature". You won't realize how hard you have worked until August, when you get home and have nothing to do.

You can work out all you want to between camps, it will only make the transition to all-days easier... But the pain and body changes are still going to happen--just at a different degree.

Suck it up. Everyone else is suffering too.. they just might be better at hiding it. Make a friend or two so you have someone else to ***** about it with. Have a good time with any free time you get because these really are the best times of your life.

And just keep thinking: 14 days till we hit the road, 13 days till we hit the road, etc., etc... :P

It doesn't get much deeper than that.

Thanks guys. There's been some really good advice posted here so far.

Just remember when you're out on the field, in the sun, sweating and hurting, and ready to quit that there are thousands of us sitting at home thinking fondly of those times, and wishing were young enough to be out there hurting with you.

I'm moving in for all-days pretty soon and as much as I am excited, I can't help but feel scared too. I've been having a hard time at camps. I've been working out and all that good stuff in between camps, but I'm not sure if I did enough. It's just kinda scary to think, if I could barely survive a camp, how am I gonna do at all days?

Anyone have any suggestions for me?

You're gonna love it.

It's what you're all about. It's who you are. It's in you.

You've worked hard for this. Enjoy it. Smile when it hurts.

It's in your heart. It's in your soul. You chose It - and It chose you.

You are Rose Bowl bound, baby.

Think of all the hard work you've already put into the show you're doing !!! :P

And like someone else said, be thankful you're in the spot you are in because there will come a time when you think back on this and you're going to ask yourself why you were worried. :worthy:

Good luck and kick some butt !! b**bs b**bs b**bs b**bs

Remember, there are thousands of us old timers wishing we were in your shoes !! :sleeping: