College

During my undergrad years I marched with the Pride of West Virginia (WVU)... Aside from the fact that I had to because I was a music major, it got me into games free. :) It didn't exactly help me with my marching techniqe as it pertains to Drum Corps, but it was fun.

Where did you march, if anywhere?

Any other WVU grads out there?

Patrick

Edited by Patrick_D

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I attended Douglass College / Rutgers University in New Brunswick NJ as a commuter student for my undergrad degree and had considered going out for their band (I marched guard - flag and sabre - my whole corps career). There was no way I could do RU band, winter guard, corps, school, and work at the same time, so I chose not to try out for RU.

Aged out of the same corps I started with as a 12 year old when it was formed -- the Saints of Woodbridge-Edison NJ. No regrets about not marching for RU.

Considered marching during my grad program, but I received my Masters as an online student ... :worthy:

jo

Edited by JoSaints

I marched with the Mighty Privateer Band of the University of New Orleans (Geaux Bucs!!!) and was in the basketball pep band. Too bad we didn't have a football team, but we did march a Saints halftime show. I had just aged out of the Phantom Regiment when I started marching with them.

The University of Wisconsin Marching Band

Old School Big Ten High Step Marching Band, yah baby! About as far away from drum corps as you can get. It was a GAS!

(Eat A Rock!) B)

I marched with University of Texas - Arlington. The only band (that we know of) that marches without a football team. We existed purely for the music, the opportunity for music majors to learn in a laboratory environment, and to recruit for the university.

The school has funded the organization for nearly 20 years now with no athletic team to support or fund it.

Edited by Euphscott

Nothing near as grand as most but I marched my freshmen year of college with the Kutztown University Marching Unit.

Mighty Sound of Maryland, four years!

Patrick you better watch out, the Terps are gonna wipe the floor with you on Thursday night this year...

shout out to Nick and Amber my MD people who I marched with and who post on here frequently

Last year's score.... (5) West Virginia 45, Maryland 24 Good luck to ya. ^0^ ^0^

"West Virginia has two Heisman Trophy candidates back, quarterback Pat White and tailback Steve Slaton. The Big East championship -- and a potential spot in the national title game..." Taken from espn.com

Patrick

Edited by Patrick_D

University of North Alabama "Pride of Dixie" 1990-94, 97