College

My college didn't have a marching band. Didn't have any band whatsoever at games until a couple years afer I graduated. There's a homecoming parade, and the director is considering putting the band on a trailer.

Sad panda.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Spirit of Troy -- The University of Southern California Trojan Marching Band.

Or as we at SDSU called you...the Marching Condoms! (Best college Tshirt ever..."Practice safe sex....make love with a Trojan")

Here's a nifty move we lifted from the Troopers:

At least you;re honest about it! :P

Edited by 84BDsop

Or as we at SDSU called you...the Marching Condoms! (Best college Tshirt ever..."Practice safe sex....make love with a Trojan")

At least you;re honest about it! :P

LOL, my high school had a team in the conference named the Trojans. The student who did our PA announcements during football games got PO'ed one day and said "Trojans, another great name in co-ed sports" to see if anyone would notice. ^0^

Someone noticed and it was the last game he ever did. :P

30+ years later and I still remember that games. "Did Jeff say what I think he just said??" :worthy:

When they built the new high school up here there was a debate on getting rid of "The Green Wave" as our nickname. I say nickname because it's not like we had algie-filled water as a mascot.

The school officials had a vote to keep the old or suggestions for a new one. My son was a freshman at the time and informed me that "The Trojans" won by a majority vote, almost a landslide. The school officials decided there was nothing wrong with having a strange name no one understood and kept the old one. :lolhit:

4 years in "The Pride of Pennsylvania" Mansfield University Marching Band

Also 3 years in the Mansfield University Basketball Band "The Mountie Sound Machine"

Gotta back up Buff on this one....

4 years in the real "Pride of PA" Marching Band at Mansfield and I was in the inaugural Sound Machine under Tim Eick... for those of us who know Tim when he marched with Empire!!

I have a question for you all wise folk what do you think of Central Michigan university Marching Chippewas Marching band Ive never seen them......but I'm considering going to college at Central

I've never heard them, try looking them up on youtube maybe?

During my undergrad years I marched with the Pride of West Virginia (WVU)... Aside from the fact that I had to because I was a music major, it got me into games free. :) It didn't exactly help me with my marching techniqe as it pertains to Drum Corps, but it was fun.

Where did you march, if anywhere?

Any other WVU grads out there?

Patrick

Yes Patrick Im a MOUNTAINEER !!!!!!! and in the old days 1976-1979 I marched with the Bridgemen and played football for WVU.....right after finals I caught a plane home, repacked, and right to morgantown by God WV........yes it was a little crazy and yes I did about 1000 punishment miles for being late (excused by the way) but it was well worth it and do it again in a heart beat......

Yes Patrick Im a MOUNTAINEER !!!!!!! and in the old days 1976-1979 I marched with the Bridgemen and played football for WVU.....right after finals I caught a plane home, repacked, and right to morgantown by God WV........yes it was a little crazy and yes I did about 1000 punishment miles for being late (excused by the way) but it was well worth it and do it again in a heart beat......

B) B) B) b**bs b**bs