A request for all DCP-I members

I would like to make a request from you guys and gals. We (John and myself) would like for the main DCP-I page to become the focal point of this league. And for that to happen, we would like yall (yes, I am southern....) to begin posting things such as show announcements and tour announcements over on that site. Every registered member can post what would basically be a "director blog". When people visit the main site, we want them to see that this is an active league, and having all of the blogs over there would be a great start.

What do you guys think? Sound like a possibility? Give me some feedback....

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But.... :(

Okay. :P

<in my best Tom Hanks voice>

There is no :( in DCP-I!!!

</tom hanks>

It looks more professional, but I think a lot of people want people to make comments and talk in general about concepts and music that others have wrote.

I don't have a problem with it but it is more of a pain for me since I use AOL.

It looks more professional, but I think a lot of people want people to make comments and talk in general about concepts and music that others have wrote.

I agree--its harder to be "chatty" with just the director posts---BUT maybe a compromise--we could post things in BOTH areas? does that sound reasonable? I know I'd be willing to do that

I imagine that would be fine to post in both places, or you could post the actual Press Release on the main site, then come here and link it, so people can discuss it if they want to.

But when we get visitors to that site, we want them to see that this is a very active and fun league. They can check out the Director Blogs, past scores (which we are working on getting them up for all past seasons), the member listings and all sorts of stuff.

AHHH thats a good point too--post there and then link it here to spur on any discussion!

Is there a way to give access to our corps "pages" for updating? Doesn't look good when most of the pages haven't been updated since last year.

Or give a good template for formatting information so that they look somewhat uniform.

History: Competitive history vs. Rep. History. (I like the spreadsheet format, just need some one to hook me up :P)