1. 1. Movin' on up

• Pioneer
    • Pacific Crest
    • Cascades
    • Southwind

Southwind

write in vote: Troopers!

Southwind.

Being a former member (I had to leave during everydays because of back problems) I must say the music is incredible (in my opinion).

Southwind.

Being a former member (I had to leave during everydays because of back problems) I must say the music is incredible (in my opinion).

I'm going to have to agree. Southwind has some kickin' mello parts this year.

If I had the money, I would have taken one of the empty mello spots in a second.

Since your thread is titled movin on up. I'll give you a prediction of two corps that will be movin on up the most this summer, and neither one of them are listed in your poll.

Academy

Troopers

If you saw Academy's show last year, you will have no doubt that they are for real and will be movin on up to the big show this year. Their show this year is very interesting and I think with the energy they have and added boost of being newcomers they will make the most of it and surprise a lot of DIV 1 corps this season. With a fairly limited schedule, they will have more than enough time to clean and improve their show and I think their kids will be well rested and full of energy come time for finals. I'm predicting a strong semi's finals placement and a strong semi finals performance from them in Pasedena. Welcome Academy.

Troopers. I believe the Troopers will be one of the most talked about stories in DCI this year. They did absolutley nothing last year, and they finished 22cnd and 23rd in 2004 and 2005. They will be the sleeper corps of the year for most DCI fans. I think many of DCI fans take them for granted but are still big fans of theirs just because they are the Troopers "America's Corps". But for those of you who have been sleeping this offseason, let me wake you up, this corps is for real this year. Scott Koter, Mitch Rodgers and Doug Thrower don't put together last place shows last I checked. Their staff seems to have done an excellent job recruiting. The days of the Troopers trotting onto the field with 85 or 90 kids appears to be over. From what I heard they have 64 horns, full drumline, full pit, full guard. They have managed to recuirt kids from Phantom,Cap Reg,SCV,Blue Devils and Crossmen.Their captions heads appear to be all young up and comers, but with solid experience behind them. Their colorguard caption head just won WGI 1st place world open class. Just from reading recent threads on their website it looks like they just raised over 100,000 at a fundraiser in one night, and when the corps played thru their show, one of their alumnus actually fainted.

I don't know if all of this is true or just hype, but from my research, it appears as though Troopers are for real this year and if my predicitons are correct, with one of the greatest comebacks in recent DCI history, the Troopers director Fred Morris will be the DCI director of the year this season.