Drumline Colors

I think those are down grades fr everyone but Blue Stars.

Now that i read it they said that they will have chrome hardware not black so I won't get too discouraged yet.

Edited by AlbionNY Drum Line

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think those are down grades fr everyone but Blue Stars.

Now that i read it they said that they will have chrome hardware not black so I won't get too discouraged yet.

I'm not so sure about SCV -I'll have to wait to see them in San Antonio. I really like the BAC drums - pretty much the same as last years but a reverse fade, right? BK looks like the standard Carbonply finish with chrome hardware - at least it won't clash with their uniforms like last year's shade of blue. I like Spirit's blue - far better than chrome IMO. I actually liked the white drums the Blue Stars had last year but the brushed silver works with any color so they will look cool.

Yeah, I think all those drums will look better under improved lighting conditions. Those pictures put a really dark reflection in the chrome hardware making it almost black in appearance. Once we see them under the lights in the stadium all those drums will look sweet, including Vanguard's.

Yeah, I think all those drums will look better under improved lighting conditions. Those pictures put a really dark reflection in the chrome hardware making it almost black in appearance. Once we see them under the lights in the stadium all those drums will look sweet, including Vanguard's.

I'm pretty sure those pictures were all taken at the pearl factory as the original post on the Pearl forum was by a Pearl employee. Probably not the best lighting in a warehouse. I wish Yamaha and Dye-Nasty would release pictures of the custom lines as well.

I love Pearl drums! Love the chrome hardware. The Bluestars drums look bad_ _ _!!!!! :laughing:

I'm pretty sure those pictures were all taken at the pearl factory as the original post on the Pearl forum was by a Pearl employee. Probably not the best lighting in a warehouse. I wish Yamaha and Dye-Nasty would release pictures of the custom lines as well.

Good luck with that. Yamaha likes to keep quiet about everything. It's just the way the company is. Even their dealers and reps in the market are like that.

Pearl is an open company. They whore everything out, which is fantastic in my opinion. They aren't the #1 drum company in sales, kits produced, advertising for nothing. Since Namaky's departure the Pearl marching hasn't been the same, but it's getting there. The Pearl Drummers Forum is an incredible hang out. A lot of Pearl employees post there, help people out, release new things to the forum before the magazines, Pearl drumset and marching artists post when they can, etc...

I have never seen another drum company help people out like Pearl does. Everyday I see people with some type of random or obscure hardware or drum problem. Pearl is immediately private messaging that person and correcting the problem. I have seen them send out repaclement parts out free, getting peoples drums to them quicker, all kinds of great stuff.

Good luck with that. Yamaha likes to keep quiet about everything. It's just the way the company is. Even their dealers and reps in the market are like that.

Pearl is an open company. They whore everything out, which is fantastic in my opinion. They aren't the #1 drum company in sales, kits produced, advertising for nothing. Since Namaky's departure the Pearl marching hasn't been the same, but it's getting there. The Pearl Drummers Forum is an incredible hang out. A lot of Pearl employees post there, help people out, release new things to the forum before the magazines, Pearl drumset and marching artists post when they can, etc...

I have never seen another drum company help people out like Pearl does. Everyday I see people with some type of random or obscure hardware or drum problem. Pearl is immediately private messaging that person and correcting the problem. I have seen them send out repaclement parts out free, getting peoples drums to them quicker, all kinds of great stuff.

I like the Pearl forum too. Lots of good info and good people. The marching section has some characters for sure. I'm also a member of the Tama drum forum and I can say their factory reps monitor that place pretty well. Last year I was looking to buy a couple of add-on toms for my Tama kit. They were no longer being manufactured but a guy who worked for Tama tracked them down for me - one in the US warehouse - the other on the shelf in a drumshop in Dallas. I had both within two weeks and didn't have to pay extra for them. That was awesome. I still wish Tama would throw it's hat in the marching ring some day. If they put their all into it I'm sure they would be as good or better than the best there is today.

Why, SCV???

Why???

Why indeed. I hope it has something to do with the show design. i've always wanted to see SCV use a white pearl/sparkle wrap on their drums, but they tend to use Blackmax heads and that clashes a little bit too much i suppose......Oh well mylar it is then :laughing:

so far Spirit have got my vote for " the best looking drum champs of '08 ", a nice sparkling blue:thumbup:

I can't wait to see if Mapex allow corps to use their full catalogue of drum wraps in the next few years......Oh the choice :sigh:

I thought I read somewhere that SCV was getting new uniforms this year? Maybe the drums will compliment the uniforms well