Drumline Colors

I must say, I resent that statement... however, I shall now continue my life.

I resemble that statement :) - we used Premiers at 27th, and they sounded pretty good, but I still love that Slingerland TDR sound. The avatar at left shows the premier tubs we used.

Edited by RickCogley

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The drumlines just get cooler looking every year. I remember when it was pretty much white, chrome, black, or red. And we had straps - and marched ten miles in the snow....

Lol. We marched 10 miles in the snow and ice, uphill to practice BOTH ways, wove our own straps, and carved our own sticks from the nearest oak tree. Reminds me of 27th - Charlie Poole used to say "back when men were men ... " meaning when he marched at BAC, there were no buzz rolls in the book or no harnesses - take your pick, that was our cue to yell out "... and sheep were scared." Every generation has its "old school" huh?

:P

I totally envy the young players with the new equipment, unless they are stuck on Die-Nasty. I'd love to get my hands on some of these snares with vents and such.

unless they are stuck on Die-Nasty.

Agreed! Looks like their popularity is thankfully fading somewhat. My favs are still the 12 X 15" Ludwig Super sensitives. Played on them for 9 years in 4 corps thru the 70's Still like St. Joes silver and green sparkle with the pin-stripes between color bands the best.

Lol. We marched 10 miles in the snow and ice, uphill to practice BOTH ways, wove our own straps, and carved our own sticks from the nearest oak tree. Reminds me of 27th - Charlie Poole used to say "back when men were men ... " meaning when he marched at BAC, there were no buzz rolls in the book or no harnesses - take your pick, that was our cue to yell out "... and sheep were scared." Every generation has its "old school" huh?

I totally envy the young players with the new equipment, unless they are stuck on Die-Nasty. I'd love to get my hands on some of these snares with vents and such.

I hear you about the new equipment. I recently picked up the sticks again after years of not playing. I restored an older Ludwig marching snare and love playing it. I'm really tempted to order one of those pretty Yamaha SFZs.

Agreed! Looks like their popularity is thankfully fading somewhat. My favs are still the 12 X 15" Ludwig Super sensitives. Played on them for 9 years in 4 corps thru the 70's Still like St. Joes silver and green sparkle with the pin-stripes between color bands the best.

Yeah, I know what drums you mean - we played Ludwig in my highschool line and in my first corps.

BEHOLD....

THE VISTALITE SNARE!

garyoliver2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...