Cavaliers post 2007 show audio on youtube

About the "Pressure" thing..they need to say it angrier.

You can find the video on youtube I'm sure.

It's how BJ does it in his song. When this song was a hit, it jumped out of the radio and stabbed you in the chest with it's staccato. I just find the Cavies version a little rounded which takes the sting off the song.

Maybe I could be a "narration tech". Hey I just created a new job position. b**bs J/k

While the first two instances are at a whisper, the third (8:03 in the full clip) is much more aggressive. Their point of reference for the louder one is supposed to be the original recording. I'm sure that they'll continue to tap into that emotion as the season goes on.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This show needs to turn up the "drum corps".

Wow, this show SCREAMS "drum corps". What are you 'talkin 'bout? ^0^

:P

WOW!!!!! Best preseason recording ever! I LOVE this music, and the drill oppurtunities are many! This got me really excited. It really hurts not to be at a drum corps show right now!

I have to admit, I was a little skeptical when I found out about the theme, but now I don't doubt their decision one bit. The music is great; I can't wait to hear them live!

Question...are they using any E-flats, or Piccs? Their trumpet sound leads me to believe they might be...anyone in the know?

Nope, just Bb Yamahas. The balance on the recording is a little misleading, which may have contributed to your perception. While the trumpret sounds dominate the recording, the Horn, Baritone, and Tuba colors are much more prevalent live.

There is a new video up... "A Word from Your Director 2."

It's from earlier this week and talks about what the corps has been up to lately. You can hear some of the music during parts and a little drill.