Cavaliers post 2007 show audio on youtube

Jen-ni-fer

Pre-ssure

If they're trying to say Jennifer, they need to work on enunciation, diction, and clarity. I couldn't tell what the heck they were saying the first three times through it, but it was distinctively a two-syllable word. So again, if they're trying to say Jennifer, it still isn't working.

4th time I finally heard pressure and got bored, figuring it was a Billy Joel thing from a song that I knew nothing about.

Bored with the vocal thing, not with the recording. Music sounded fine for Cavies in June.

Oh, and others have used live animals before, though one of the Sky guys tells us it didn't go so well!!

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the whole "Jennifer" debate is funny....apparently they aren't reading your signature, ScribeToo...

spoiler below...

Pressure is a Billy Joel song....get it? them saying "Pressure"...name of the passage is "Pressure"? ScribeToo's signature says I'm not Jennifer??? hello...is this thing on?

now, let's see if they can figure out how to do my special spoiler...

as far as it sounding like an 80's corps...with real music, and not a bunch non-sensical sixteenth note articulations bridged with numerous stingers, all I can say is about time...

If they would've went with just "New York State Of Mind", "We Didn't Start The Fire" and "Pressure".

I would've been happy.

Oh well.

While I didn’t really like a lot of the music Cavies have played in the past 6 or so years, it at least held together as cohesive products to my ears. While this is all by one composer, it feels very disconnected – again like the “throw four songs together and connect them with some drum effects” of the late 80’s. And I’d have no clue it was Billy Joel without being told.

I'll take that over The Cadets 2007 version of "throw a bunch of songs together and connect them with pointless vocals" :P

wow i thought this show was gonna be horrible, but i cannot stop listening to these clips!!! i cannot wait to see this on the field

I was the same way. Well, I didn't think it would be horrible, but I didn't expect it to be as good as it is.

Saturday, please come soon!

I'll take that over The Cadets 2007 version of "throw a bunch of songs together and connect them with pointless vocals" :P

Dude...get over it. It would still be the same show without the vocals...as all three songs tie into the 'this I believe' concept quite easily. It just so happens that they are using narration because in their mind, it will help the show design. Either way, this debate IS NOT the topic of this thread, and if you want to bash narration, do it in one of the 34 other threads already designated for it.

Wow,

When you're on top people really DO come out of the woodwork to tear you down... Well, it's a " brand new day"...

Gaines doesn't make the "ballad chords" btw... He, as far as I know, writes the drill.... Different activities....

Who cares if the sixteenth note runs are slurred or articulated? If it sounds good, it sounds good ( enjoyable). It's a refreshing direction for them. It's very different. It reminds me of some old shows from the past, especially some BD, Freelancers, or Crossmen type music... Cheesy? Well, okay... Give me some cheese with your wine!

It's okay...

Totally agree with you about how people like to tear the top people down. Cavies went through this in the early 60s, Blue Devils in the 70s & 80 (SCV, too.), Garfield Cadets in the 80s, Cadets in the 90s, and now Cavies again. It happens even in sports.

This music is going to entertaining and I believe very competitive. I just wish I was young enough to march this show. My hats off to the music design & program staff of the Cavaliers. I know the visual staff will do just as good a job.

Good luck this summer Gentlemen.

About the "Pressure" thing..they need to say it angrier.

You can find the video on youtube I'm sure.

It's how BJ does it in his song. When this song was a hit, it jumped out of the radio and stabbed you in the chest with it's staccato. I just find the Cavies version a little rounded which takes the sting off the song.

Maybe I could be a "narration tech". Hey I just created a new job position. b**bs J/k

Edited by That70'sLancer