Atlanta CorpsVets Video

wow basses.... hopefully some more upper battery :-\

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man this show is gonna rock!!! I can't wait to put on the uniform next week!!! b**bs

p.s.-don't assume that you can't hear the tenors because they look funny. I'm sick of hearing that... <**>

Cool vid. You guys really do keep improving.

Btw, what? You can't hear with your eyes? Lots of people do that. But most sensory transplantation has been smelling with the eyes. Altough hearing with the eyes is becoming more and more popular.

If it looks different. And it looks like it can't possibly be loud, therefore it is not loud. Yeah, that's logic.

Oooo, it's new, it's different, hunt it down and kill it. Same thing with anykey horns, kevlar heads, 2 valve horns, 3 valve horns, split shell snares, multi-tenors, tri-toms, quads, quints, grounded tymps, guards doing dance, etc.

Man this show is gonna rock!!! I can't wait to put on the uniform next week!!! b**bs

p.s.-don't assume that you can't hear the tenors because they look funny. I'm sick of hearing that... <**>

I could barely hear them in 2005 when I was watching your line in the lot, I could barely hear them on that video. I'm not assuming anything, I have been there to experience it. Not assume.

It's simple physics really. You remove a vibrating mass you lose depth, projection, resonance, and sustain.

Yeah, those contra players look funny too, especially that really big one, but you can still hear them. :P Seriously, looking good CV. Keep it up.

I could barely hear them in 2005 when I was watching your line in the lot, I could barely hear them on that video. I'm not assuming anything, I have been there to experience it. Not assume.

It's simple physics really. You remove a vibrating mass you lose depth, projection, resonance, and sustain.

Aaaah, check again. You just confirmed your prejudices.

The vibrating mass wasn't removed, it's shape/position and design has changed. You didn't really look at the drums did you? I looked at them close up.

Also note that the vid is just a camp video. Even so, you can watch and listen to any recording of any corps and the tenors don't cut through when the entire corps plays.

--sorry for going off topic.

Aaaah, check again. You just confirmed your prejudices.

The vibrating mass wasn't removed, it's shape/position and design has changed. You didn't really look at the drums did you? I looked at them close up.

Also note that the vid is just a camp video. Even so, you can watch and listen to any recording of any corps and the tenors don't cut through when the entire corps plays.

--sorry for going off topic.

I don't know about that. I have plenty of DCI and DCA recordings when you can hear a set of Pearl championship tenors, Yamaha Field-Corps, Dynasty tenors, Premier tenors and even the god awful Ludwig tenors playing and cutting through.

Not prejudice. I just know what makes a good drum! B)

It was really classic the judges tape where the guy is nearly drowned out by tenor sounds saying over and over he can't hear the tenors.

:doh: