Seeing "Velvet Knights" on dci.org

I just wanted to take a second to say how neat it is to pull up this page...

http://www.dci.org/corps/list.cfm?division_id=3

...and see the name "Velvet Knights" listed. Makes me smile! :)

Kinda makes us smile too...

I thought there was an issue with the name "Velvet Knights", and the new entity had to use the name "VK". Did that get resolved?

I thought there was an issue with the name "Velvet Knights", and the new entity had to use the name "VK". Did that get resolved?

It's been discussed on here before I think. The name doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the IRS troubles that the 501©3 (which was under a name different from the nonprofit who is now sponsoring the corps) group got themselves into.

In any case, I'm just tickled pink that the name will be announced throughout the summer once again.

Too bad I won't be anywhere near them to hear it :(

This Friday is going to be the culmination of an incredible effort of folks who wouldn't let this chance pass them by.

When The New Velvet Knights march onto the field, if you should be lucky enough to be in that audience, scream your heads off, throw your children in the air and most of all sit back and enjoy because what you will be seeing will be a moment that is crystal and frozen in time in which some amazing people got together and said they wanted their corps back and did what everyone thought would be impossible-they brought it back. I still have to look twice and wonder how this wonderful thing happened. And the only conclusion I can think of is that there were people out there who refused to let a good thing go when they knew how much happiness it gave the fans and the alumni and everybody in between. And in a nutshell, that's 2COOL, that's love. That's love.

I am so excited this group is going to be on the field tomorrow. I am only sad I will not be there to watch my son perform. Knock em dead VK and make the field and the attitude your own. See you all soon.

Edited by CrownMe

Seeing Velvet Knights on the schedule is cool, but what will be even cooler is opening the scores page tomorrow and seeing a score next to the Name Velvet Knights.

Welcome Back my Friends...

This Friday is going to be the culmination of an incredible effort of folks who wouldn't let this chance pass them by.

When The New Velvet Knights march onto the field, if you should be lucky enough to be in that audience, scream your heads off, throw your children in the air and most of all sit back and enjoy because what you will be seeing will be a moment that is crystal and frozen in time in which some amazing people got together and said they wanted their corps back and did what everyone thought would be impossible-they brought it back. I still have to look twice and wonder how this wonderful thing happened. And the only conclusion I can think of is that there were people out there who refused to let a good thing go when they knew how much happiness it gave the fans and the alumni and everybody in between. And in a nutshell, that's 2COOL, that's love. That's love.

What an aweome post.

Dear VK:

GO GET EM KIDS!

What an aweome post.

Dear VK:

GO GET EM KIDS!

I almost flew in just to see them tomorrow.

As was said before...

GO GET EM KIDS!

:wink: B) :wink: