Cadets 2007 - Love it or Hate it?

Cadets 2007  

243 members have voted

1. 1. You've seen it...

• Love it
    • Hate it

You're from Alabama, Oregon, or Colorado?

Great!!! Have a ball this summer!!

But I don't need to hear where you're from in the show

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hardly short-sighted

Without narration this show would go nowhere...the show is too dependent on it...

they can't figure out how to just convey an effect through horns, drums, and guard anymore...the music is becoming more and more subservient to the vocals

your argument is ridiculous - its like saying that movies shouldn't use color because you can convey stories just fine in grayscale, or that today's movies are too dependent upon sound and dialog when they could make fine movies silently back in the 20s ...the Cadets are just exploring ways to use the resources available to them to try and put on something different or interesting.

You're from Alabama, Oregon, or Colorado?

But I don't need to hear where you're from in the show

but it really doesnt matter what you personally do or dont want to hear...

i personally do ever want to hear Imogen Heap on the field, but I'm not sitting around complaining that Spirit is out there playing it.

You want to play "Hide and Seek" as the Ballad?

But I don't need to hear it played in a show.

The resources have always been there...and they don't require an artificial power source

If they can't put out something different or interesting with just those resources...

Sure strange but most of the corps out there seem to have no trouble putting out things that are different and interesting with those resources

Oh, you poor thing. When you go to a dozen or more shows every year + championships, and you see the crowd reaction as the same for the same product on the field, then you discuss it with random strangers at those shows, and then you see the evidence here, the reviews, the polls, the responses...its so sad how you dont want to even give a hint of credibility to the facts, but its ok, because I can call it a lemon, you can call it lemonade, and both of our opinions dont matter, reality is what it is and you or I cant change it. I like reality. Argue all you want.

~G~

Oh bite me. Come off of your holier than thou attitude.

I have not once said that everyone loves the Cadets show, I have simply said that the opinion of DCP should not be touted around as the opinion of the drum corps populace in general because so many fans completely avoid this site because of people like you who talk down to anyone with a differing opinion.

but it really doesnt matter what you personally do or dont want to hear...

Uh...yes it does..

You want to play "Hide and Seek" as the Ballad?

But I don't need to hear it played in a show.

Explain to me what exactly I said that would warrant implying that I want to hear something as simplistic as "Hide and Seek"

Oh, you poor thing. When you go to a dozen or more shows every year + championships, and you see the crowd reaction as the same for the same product on the field, then you discuss it with random strangers at those shows, and then you see the evidence here, the reviews, the polls, the responses...its so sad how you dont want to even give a hint of credibility to the facts, but its ok, because I can call it a lemon, you can call it lemonade, and both of our opinions dont matter, reality is what it is and you or I cant change it. I like reality. Argue all you want.

~G~

Here we go again. . .the whole I go to more shows than you do, donate more money than you do, and marched back in the day (supposedly) so my opinion matters more bit from GMichael.

Get over yourself.

*cue GMichael reporting me and me getting a PM from one of the mods telling me to lay off.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

avoid this site because of people like you who talk down to anyone with a differing opinion.

Folks who support what the Cadets are doing are guilty of the same thing

The resources have always been there...and they don't require an artificial power source

If they can't put out something different or interesting with just those resources...

Sure strange but most of the corps out there seem to have no trouble putting out things that are different and interesting with those resources

see i would argue that the corps have been unsuccessful in putting things on the field that are different and interesting. Most shows these days are just variations on an old format that has been worked over to the point of inanity. Every show starts with a soft introduction (sometimes backfield) and disjunct forms that all come together around the :45 mark to play a loud hit facing front-field. After that, the corps breaks apart into a faster softer section often utilizing a soloist to introduce the main theme. Short afterwards there is a pit/percussion break after which the corps comes back in....etc. etc. etc. etc....

the more shows you see, the more you see how they are all basically constructed the same. Now is there a reason for this? yes, people have found that this pacing works really well in an 11 1/2 minute show. Just because it works well though does not mean that there are other things that can work just as well if not better.

If you are happy watching show after show in this same format year after year (and believe me, I know lots of people would) then more power to ya , but I often find the shows that break with tradition and buck the trends are more interesting to me.

THUMBS UP!!! WAY UP!!!

Innovative, entertaining, something NEW on the field!