Definately. Couldn't agree more....

I'm still happy that she didn't do I&E in 2002...she would have beaten me by around 90 points!! (I had an 85)

Actually she did do I&E back in 2002, but not a baritone solo. She and I performed some kind of crazy saxophone duet on bari & contra. We finished in 2nd right behind Dan and Gretchen. Playing anything with her is an incredible experience!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually she did do I&E back in 2002, but not a baritone solo. She and I performed some kind of crazy saxophone duet on bari & contra. We finished in 2nd right behind Dan and Gretchen. Playing anything with her is an incredible experience!

That sounds....different!

there are no 'pit' hockey players. Its just not part of the activity. But it also doesn't mean one can't get their drum corps fix (goosebumps/ovations) with alumni corps or other horn playing gigs. Its all a matter of personal opinions and choices.

Anyway, I certainly didn't mean for my short synopsis of the show to get off topic by a perhaps controversial comment.

I'll reiterate.........I admire anyone who has the talent level and desire of the soloists in Empire (and other corps). I'll get over my bias against non marching horn players eventually, just like I got over pit vibes, and dancing colour guards.

You know I love you man! Keep on honkin'

Gord

Hey Gord,

You haven't seen the hockey league's around here b**bs Their moto is " We play so slow, it's easy to watch!"

Anyways, pit soloists have been around for over a decade, and I didn't like it either, but as the activity progresses (regresses to some) sooner or later we'll just have to accept the fact that they are out there. Heck, I'll play in the pit too if I have to. Everyone knows we need MORE COWBELL! ^0^

Keep the faith, bro!

Anyways, pit soloists have been around for over a decade, and I didn't like it either, but as the activity progresses (regresses to some) sooner or later we'll just have to accept the fact that they are out there. Heck, I'll play in the pit too if I have to. Everyone knows we need MORE COWBELL! ^0^

Keep the faith, bro!

Watching a field show now is a little like watching music on windows media player. You hear the music and can watch swirling designs and morphing shapes on the screen if you like.

Perhaps soon, the horns and percussion will all be in the pit, like the media player toolbar, and the guard will supply the morphing forms on the screen, er, uh....field.

Edited by Martybucs

JERRY! Go practice. :-)

Cp

Let me guess Perna, you want me to: Turn my wrist and play my accents right?

Other than that, I don't know what else you want from me,

LOL!!!!

Let me guess Perna, you want me to: Turn my wrist and play my accents right?

Other than that, I don't know what else you want from me,

LOL!!!!

Yeah, that and watch out for the pole. :master: :P

. Heck, I'll play in the pit too if I have to. Everyone knows we need MORE COWBELL! ^0^

hehe, playing in the pit isn't a BAD thing! :)

Oh, and Jeff, if your chops ever do need a break (which I doubt will ever happen!) I'll be more then happy to toss you a cowbell and a stick from behind my timps! You can jam with our Front Ensemble any time! ;)

hehe, playing in the pit isn't a BAD thing! :)

Oh, and Jeff, if your chops ever do need a break (which I doubt will ever happen!) I'll be more then happy to toss you a cowbell and a stick from behind my timps! You can jam with our Front Ensemble any time! ;)

It's a little known fact that I started my Alumni Corps career on Bass Drum. So does that qualify me as a pre pit...ter? tee hee b**bs

JERRY! Go practice. :-)

Cp

Yeah, that and watch out for the pole. :master: :P

Perna: You know I've been practicing and btw, here in NY, we have something called Regents exams that we have to study for and take in order to graduate high school, I think I've done pretty well, lol, whenever I'm not studying, I am practicing, lol

Sayre: Yes watch out for the pole is a factor since the pole won't be out on the field, I don't think it will be a problem anymore even at Wyeth since we are now marching in the direction of the pole so its right in front of us :doh: :P