Some questions for DCA/Classifications Set?

2 threads merged :)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not here to debate the merits of any DCA rules. And as you all know, I very rarely post anything online. I'll just say a few things ...

1. I am not the only DCA officer that visits Drum Corps Planet.

2. All DCA rules are enforced by DCA officials.

3. I hope everyone has the opportunity to attend a DCA contest this season. The 2007 Championship Preliminary Contest on Saturday, September 1, is our biggest single event of the season. If you want to see all of the competitive corps DCA has to offer, you don't want to miss that show. www.dcacorps.org

Glen

I'm not here to debate the merits of any DCA rules. And as you all know, I very rarely post anything online. I'll just say a few things ...

1. I am not the only DCA officer that visits Drum Corps Planet.

2. All DCA rules are enforced by DCA officials.

3. I hope everyone has the opportunity to attend a DCA contest this season. The 2007 Championship Preliminary Contest on Saturday, September 1, is our biggest single event of the season. If you want to see all of the competitive corps DCA has to offer, you don't want to miss that show. www.dcacorps.org

Glen

So why, as a DCA official, haven't you answered all of the questions? They are legitimate questions. What corps are in what class? HOW are the rules enforced? We know where to go to find the corps that compete, we want to know how they'll be stacking up against one another based on classifications.

Anyone? Is this usually how DCA generally responds to questions from participants and fans?

Edited by quegrawks

Govenaires = grade A

Nice jerb, Matt! Photoshop rocks!

MCL = Open

I would think if a show sponser wanted to have an under 35 member corps at their show they could ask the judges to score them or at least give them tapes. Think of the expression "judged exhibition". Their scores wouldn't really mean anything. It would be not unlike when we (CV) used to do DCI shows. We'd get a score, a set of sheets, and tapes. They wouldn't announce our score, but it did give us some ideas to work on.