Boston...Madison...Crossmen

It's time to play the slots. If you look at the gaps between scores from the opening weekend, there are some obvious holes where corps that have not yet taken the field could easily slide in.

The slots are pretty clearly defined between:

Bluecoats and Crown - insert Boston with a 71.XXX

Blue Knights and Colts - insert Crossen with a 68.5 or so

Colts and Glassment - insert Madison with a 66.XXX

I think the Troopers, Academy and Cascades will be in a gap after Blue Stars and before Spirit. This pushes Spirit way down from last year. But, hey...a 60.9 on opening weekend is an ouch for sure.

I have Pacific Crest occupying the gap after Sprit and before Southwind.

We'll see...trying to make sense of the guesswork.

shucks, i wanted to be the first one to mention slotting! :worthy:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll find out where Madison fits tomorrow night in Fairfield Ohio.

We'll find out where Madison fits tomorrow night in Fairfield Ohio.

Yes, Finally :)

Knock about 5 points off Madison and that's about right

73.?????? WOW WERE SHOOTIN HIGH THIS YEAR :laugh:

Complete guess based on absolutely nothing (except perhaps previous season scores):

71.5 Boston

69.0 Madison

68.5 Crossmen

66.0 Academy

62.0 Pacific Crest

61.5 Troopers

60.5 Cascades

Well.....................Interesting!!!

I guess the operative words are "absolutely nothing". In what world would the Troopers and Cascades score in the very close range as Glassmen and Spirit for their first show. Not to mention Academy coming out 4-5 points higher.

And, although I wish good things for the Crossmen, to have them within 5 points of the Cavies...............

Speculation is rampant!!!! (not to mention fantastical)

73.?????? WOW WERE SHOOTIN HIGH THIS YEAR :laugh:

sigh...

the famous DCP crappy prediction thread. DCP would be boring without these because all that happens is people put other groups down and say THATS A HIGH FOR THIS YEAR. Madison is an elite corps and this i believe is going to be a great year. Just to fit in my prediction is 72.7.

Seeing groups doesn't mean anything anymore. Hearing from a friend of a friend of a friend on "The National Drum Corps Planet Enquirer" and reading peoples conspiracy theories about how this corps has less than 20 in the guard, or that corps has holes, or that corps has uniforms is the only way to make an opinion.

Rather than watching groups in person or seeing them go head to head, or knowing a God #### thing about a corps, and just relying on rumors is a much better way to formulate an opinion.

<edited for filter circumvention - jm>

THANK YOU!! I have been saying this for so long!

Um guys...its a prediction thread...not a 'educated opinion based on 5 corps viewings and 6 years or judge training thread'. The OP wanted to know what people though based on their own opinions, which are as valid as you make them. Since the 3 corps in question are spead between texas, florida/boston, and wisconsin, I think its fair to say that nobody has seen them all yet, so we predict based on trends, winter camps, and hearsay. If you arent a fan of these things, then smile, nod, and move along.

In spite of all that, im really interested in seeing how madison lines up tommorow with the coats and cadets. Will it be razor thin like crown in annapolis, or will cadets and coats begin to distance themselves from the get-go...