Field Pass With Dan Potter is FREE NOW!

That's cool that everyone can listen... I've enjoyed the podcasts the last couple years.

It does make me wonder what I paid $90 for, though... I guess I shouldn't have assumed that Field Pass was part of the platinum service.

That's cool that everyone can listen... I've enjoyed the podcasts the last couple years.

It does make me wonder what I paid $90 for, though... I guess I shouldn't have assumed that Field Pass was part of the platinum service.

##### when it's free, ##### when it's not free... nice.

I don't see it as "complaining" (to substitute for your word) that it's not free. Keith said it's cool that everyone can listen, and I agree.

But I had the same thought. I am a former Season Pass subscriber, and I bought a Platinum Membership. But at $90, I had to think about it. And having access to Field Pass (which is a really well done podcase, IMO) was one of the considerations that pushed me over the edge.

Since you're obviously involved with the DCI machine in some aspect...

...this is news? :P

Seriously, though...Field Pass is nothing more than a "rah rah" for the activity...so, really, it should be free; it's a promotional tool. Dan Potter is an excellent spokesperson, but the commentary hardly speaks to the issues/concerns of the day that we bat about daily on DCP and in the stands.

What might be fun to do is link up with opinionated/dissenting podcasters around the activity..."On The 50" and Kevin Gamin's podcast are two that could be put into "Gold Access" to offer more of multimedia experience for visitors to the site.

Since you're obviously involved with the DCI machine in some aspect...

...this is news? :P

Seriously, though...Field Pass is nothing more than a "rah rah" for the activity...so, really, it should be free; it's a promotional tool. Dan Potter is an excellent spokesperson, but the commentary hardly speaks to the issues/concerns of the day that we bat about daily on DCP and in the stands.

What might be fun to do is link up with opinionated/dissenting podcasters around the activity..."On The 50" and Kevin Gamin's podcast are two that could be put into "Gold Access" to offer more of multimedia experience for visitors to the site.

LOL -- ya, shouldn't be a surprise, should it.

BTW, Bawker... your post rate has dropped off... you get a job or something? :P

It's a pretty entertaining rah-rah. I'm glad the audience is going to get wider. You're right - propaganda is best not charged for. Especially really good stuff!

LOL -- ya, shouldn't be a surprise, should it.

BTW, Bawker... your post rate has dropped off... you get a job or something? :P

It's a pretty entertaining rah-rah. I'm glad the audience is going to get wider. You're right - propaganda is best not charged for. Especially really good stuff!

Yeah, I've been biz-ay with work the past few months...this past cycle was full of 14-16 hr days planning, building and moving to a new data center.

Heck, IIRC, I have only about 13,000 posts over 5 years....there's a lot of people here with more than me! :P

Easy there, ace. I'm not compaining that the podcast is free, just as MN DCI Fan said. I'm just expressing a little bit of buyer's remorse, I guess.

All I'm saying is that features such as the Field Pass are what made me enjoy the Season Pass the past couple years, and are what inspired me, against my better judgement, to drop $90 on the Platinum Fan Network. When 2 of the largest reasons I antied up the hunk of change turn out to be free to everyone (Field Pass and the opening night webcast), I don't feel one bit bad about wondering what in the hell my $90 is getting me. So far, absolutely nothing.