Alright PR Buicks...

The original I have looks better than what is posted. For some reason there is some digital shift on here. I'll gladly send it to you if you want it. Either way, I was bored :) No Biggy!

Yeah, whenever I post the pictures they look strange as well, but most of it based on the transformation of the .jpg file. Anyhow...here is an update on #4. I like this one for two reasons, the colour scheme, it shows someone playing a buick, and the lack of a face makes it look "Phantomy." Yeah, I know I just made up a word, sue me.

I think this might look pretty good on a black t-shirt. Heck, I may make one for myself if PR doesn't go for my design. :P

By the way, we need to keep to three primary colours, as the t-shirt company charges by the colour (as per Eric). White, black, and red works, Pictures 1-3 above would not work with that scheme. In any case, i doubt we'd be able to use the pics of the cars anyhow, possible trademark issues?

tshirt4.jpg

Edited by The Tsar

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, whenever I post the pictures they look strange as well, but most of it based on the transformation of the .jpg file. Anyhow...here is an update on #4. I like this one for two reasons, the colour scheme, it shows someone playing a buick, and the lack of a face makes it look "Phantomy." Yeah, I know I just made up a word, sue me.

I think this might look pretty good on a black t-shirt. Heck, I may make one for myself if PR doesn't go for my design. :P

By the way, we need to keep to three primary colours, as the t-shirt company charges by the colour (as per Eric). White, black, and red works, Pictures 1-3 above would not work with that scheme. In any case, i doubt we'd be able to use the pics of the cars anyhow, possible trademark issues?

tshirt4.jpg

That looks really good Nikk. Do you have any shots where you're wearing the helmet?

I like that version much better – still needs a bit more balance. Either stretch the logo across the top or give it a bit more negative space between the logo and the horn player (or a bit of both) then expand the bottom logo so that the circle of the bell on the horn is smaller than the circle of the logo (you don’t want the appearance of a heavier circle on top of the smaller circle, it looks unstable – and it freaks humans out – according to Vitruvius and classical architectural design principles) - or else you have to off set the circles (drop the alignment) and make it a tag as opposed to part of the design

Man, I sound so critical but I’m just trying to offer an opinion - so please understand my intent

That looks really good Nikk. Do you have any shots where you're wearing the helmet?

Alas, I do not....i wish I did, I think the helmet would look sweet in this kind of shot. Does any former Buick out there have a picture while playing *and* wearing a helmet? Hmm....maybe I can try to photoshop one in...

Cowtown, you're not offending me...obviously you've got some art training, whereas I have absolutely none, so I am glad to hear your suggestions, and will work on them.

Alas, I do not....i wish I did, I think the helmet would look sweet in this kind of shot. Does any former Buick out there have a picture while playing *and* wearing a helmet? Hmm....maybe I can try to photoshop one in...

Cowtown, you're not offending me...obviously you've got some art training, whereas I have absolutely none, so I am glad to hear your suggestions, and will work on them.

I think I may. It's at my parent's house, but I'll be there this weekend. (I think) I can scan them and send you a jpeg. Both are from 92--one is from a full page add put in Rockford newspaper and the other a Jolesh (sp?) shot. (Both of me. Moms--you gotta love em...)

I have no idea how to do this, but thought I would toss out the concept;

You know when Nascar drivers take their car and pull a 360 in the grass after they win a race (I'm really not a Nascar fan, but the only way I could describe it best)...

What if you had a photo, or a doctored photo, of a buick doing the same on a football field and then somehow incorporate the Regiment logo...you don't even need to put a horn in the photo since folks will know the meaning

I have no idea how to do this, but thought I would toss out the concept;

You know when Nascar drivers take their car and pull a 360 in the grass after they win a race (I'm really not a Nascar fan, but the only way I could describe it best)...

What if you had a photo, or a doctored photo, of a buick doing the same on a football field and then somehow incorporate the Regiment logo...you don't even need to put a horn in the photo since folks will know the meaning

Heh...I wish I was that good with Photoshop.

Maybe someone out there is, but I certainly am not. :)

My parents have a good photo of me in front of the house in uniform with the helmet and the horn--if we can deal with the house--maybe get rid of everything else? Good photo.

I like the NASCAR idea--Buick peeling out at the 50. Maybe the driver in uniform with helmet pulled down low.

I guess the idea of a hand-drawn t-shirt is kind of juvenile--probably trying to stay more adult and classy, yes?

I'll play with some ideas. Nikk, do you have photos of the 91 Bari moment? You know the one...I think a montage of the best moments in Regiment history with photos of Buicks would be grand! And Lord Vader--anyone got a picture of Lord Vader??? That would be an instant classic! Greg, you visit here often--how 'bout helping out--we promise we won't tell anyone!!! :worthy:

LOVE Corey's Buick logo! Gotta have it. How about a great big Chevron with the Buick stamp centered on it somewhere? How about the front grill of a classic Buick with the same on the grill? Chevron and Buick logo.

Ha-ha--gonna be fun, guys! And gals!!

My parents have a good photo of me in front of the house in uniform with the helmet and the horn--if we can deal with the house--maybe get rid of everything else? Good photo.

I like the NASCAR idea--Buick peeling out at the 50. Maybe the driver in uniform with helmet pulled down low.

I guess the idea of a hand-drawn t-shirt is kind of juvenile--probably trying to stay more adult and classy, yes?

I'll play with some ideas. Nikk, do you have photos of the 91 Bari moment? You know the one...I think a montage of the best moments in Regiment history with photos of Buicks would be grand! And Lord Vader--anyone got a picture of Lord Vader??? That would be an instant classic! Greg, you visit here often--how 'bout helping out--we promise we won't tell anyone!!! :worthy:

LOVE Corey's Buick logo! Gotta have it. How about a great big Chevron with the Buick stamp centered on it somewhere? How about the front grill of a classic Buick with the same on the grill? Chevron and Buick logo.

Ha-ha--gonna be fun, guys! And gals!!

Keep in mind that we have to keep everything to 3 colours or less....or it will get way too expensive. I'd love to have a shirt that everyone who has ever been in the line can afford, including current members. I suggest we just create our best ideas for a t-shirt and forward them to Eric at eric@regiment.org

The shirts can be front and back, but the back has to be kept to 2 colours.

May the best Buick win. :)