Madison Scouts 2007

Qwerty

Edited by Cordog27

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have and do SUPPORT this organization I am a fan of. No where will you find me saying ANYTHING

negative of the members of the Scouts or their instructors, but you have no right to tell me I can't

express my feelings about the BOD.

Didn't say you aren't free to express your opinion. But it ain't helping as far as I can tell.

If you have complaints about the board why don't you e-mail them or try to talk to one of the board members

instead of publically trashing them for what happened a year ago.

Hi just saw the madison scouts score at Kiltie Klassic.

I must say I have yet to see both The Scouts and Troopers this year but what is going on with the scouts this year! I have followed the pre season staff problems etc, but from their recent results it looks like the scouts are going to struggle to make the semi finals let alone finals.

Whats the general jibe around DCI with the scouts why are they having a tough time? I heard extracts of the show and sounds good enough, im not taking anything away from Troopers who I have heard are stronger this year than they were last year, but last years stats say it all Madison Scouts 9th and troopers non active!

any news?

Edited by cat699

It seems to me that there are four complaints from the general public.

1) People don't "get" the show.

2) The uniforms aren't liked.

3) The show is dirty.

4) The corps isn't winning by a larger margin than expected.

1) The show is truly unbound in all aspects. It will take a few viewings of it to truly understand alot of the symbolism.

2) "In matters of taste, there is no argument". I don't like the blousemen's uniforms this year... They're too baggy!

3) Most of the summer is cleaning your show and getting comfortable with it on an intimate basis. Last night's show was chock full of energy---- ask the judge who got nailed!

4) Perhaps the definition of winning is different for all. "To each his own"

The show design is probably the best I have ever seen. "Unbound" is amazingly designed and the gentlemen LOVE the show.

MADISON CORPS

Edited by seanedwin

It seems to me that there are four complaints from the general public.

1) People don't "get" the show.

2) The uniforms aren't liked.

3) The show is dirty.

4) The corps isn't winning by a larger margin than expected.

1) The show is truly unbound in all aspects. It will take a few viewings of it to truly understand alot of the symbolism.

2) "In matters of taste, there is no argument". I don't like the blousemen's uniforms this year... They're too baggy!

3) Most of the summer is cleaning your show and getting comfortable with it on an intimate basis. Last night's show was chock full of energy---- ask the judge who got nailed!

4) Perhaps the definition of winning is different for all. "To each his own"

The show design is probably the best I have ever seen. "Unbound" is amazingly designed and the gentlemen LOVE the show.

MADISON CORPS

This is ridiculous. It's the worst designed Madison show since 02.

Have you seen their show yet??

I really don't like the new uniform!! There are so many new uniforms this year and I have to say Madison's is the only one I don't like. But is the uniform whats making them do poorly??? I doubt it is that. However I don't know if they'll make semi-finals this year.

Have you seen their show yet??

Yes. I saw it at Fairfield, OH.

Well, to each his own, you have your opinion, and I'm glad you got to see the show. I just happen to disagree about the design. I think the concept and the whole design team has done a great job. In my opinion, right now, they just have to continue to get better. There are some timing problems and some dirty spots, but I'm curious to what you think is "ridiculous"?

In my opinion, the biggest issue with this entire "Madison in Trouble" mindset of this season would be high expectations. We, as fans and alumni, put an incredible amount of expectations on corps. When these corps don't "live up" to these expectations, we are disappointed. Unfortunately, Madison Scouts have fallen victim to that. To me, this is why they have received so much criticism about their show. When people are saying "Oh, This is not a Madison show," they are really saying, "This show is not living up to my expectations." What gets lost when this occurs is people forget that there are 135 members (?) on that field performing the to best of their abilities to entertain you. Just because they score a few points below what you expected, doesn't give you the right to call their season dead in the water.

Now, I don't know what has gone on regarding the business side of Madison, but I really don't think the members of Madison need us telling them how awful and crappy their show is. If that's your opinion, at least say it constructively. If you can't, why don't you go up to the corps after a show and say it to their faces. You'll only come across as a jerk.