Racine Scores

Did you see Troop in '95? Big Silent Sunburst closed the show to insanely lound standing ovations. The soloist at the end of the show can't be heard over the crowd on the cd.

No, I didn't see them in '95.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched Scouts practice from 10-4pm today, then went in for the show. I'm a huge Scouts fan, so I can't help but be a bit biased. I can see, however, why the scores are low. I thought the placements tonight were exactly how they should have been.

There were some definate phasing, marching out of step, etc... problems in rehearsal today. I attribute this to a few things. They are really spread out quite a few times. Other times the battery is way in back and there is phasing with the pit. Bad feet - well no excuse for that, especially June 22nd. Nothing that can't be corrected with some hard work. That being said, this could be a great show. I saw 2 runs in rehearsal, then the show.

Troopers are for real though. After they went on, I seriously thought that they might beat Scouts. I believe the last time this happened was '73, when I was a 1 year old. Then Scouts came on, and performed the best they did all day. My brother, MJN on DCP, will post some pics on Saturday.

One funny note. There was a point in rehearsal where they were running the closer, and a staff member said "I'd take that tonight. That was good. The problem is when we get to this point in the show, I don't get that same result you just gave me. If you give me that...." then someone in the corps said "we'll get a 62." Everyone laughted while the guy dropped for pushups. Good to know that they haven't let the scores, or negative comments get them down.

It was a great show. First sunburst I've seen since '91, I think. Scouts got the biggest ovations. The opening to Scouts show is amazing. I'll post more thoughts in the morning.

Agree 100% with your post. I have also seen them live and noticed that same things. Phasing, timing, marching out of step. The company front entrance has the drum line all the way to the back of the field and you could really hear the phasing issues with the pit. There needs to be either a second drum major, or member on the back side line for there entrance. The phasing issues show up again in the hornline during Kashmir. There is a trumpet run on the one side of the field then into a mello run on the opposite side, then they play in unison and these phasing/timing issues appear again during this section. It is these issues that are really hurting them.

I have heard the drumline alot and there are times of greatness, but the problems show up when they are marching. Keep in mind how young this corps is. I truely believe these issues will dramatically improve with time. When the marching improves, so will the show. I can tell you first hand that these guys are working HARD and are being held accountable during practice for mistakes. I loved one quote I heard from a staffer after a run through-"You, are the Madison Scouts Hornline, act like it!"

This show has all the ingredients to be a great one. This corps will gel and get better with every show, practice and chew out session the have. During standstills, this hornline has some BIG VOLUME and I am really excited to see where the take this show between here and finals.

Nice job on the improvement last night Scouts. We are pulling for you!!

The Kiltie score was announced incorrectly. The Kilts actually scored a 61.875

quote name='stockman365' date='Jun 23 2007, 02:04 AM' post='1886983']

Division I

1 Madison Scouts 64.450

2 Troopers 61.250

3 Pioneer 55.700

Division III

1 Capital Sound 50.700

2 Racine Scouts 41.350

All age corps

1 Kilties 56.375

The Kiltie score was announced incorrectly. The Kilts actually scored a 61.875

quote name='stockman365' date='Jun 23 2007, 02:04 AM' post='1886983']

Division I

1 Madison Scouts 64.450

2 Troopers 61.250

3 Pioneer 55.700

Division III

1 Capital Sound 50.700

2 Racine Scouts 41.350

All age corps

1 Kilties 56.375

Way to go Kilties!!

I'd like to say kudos to the two contra players of Capital Sound. Those two girls know how to play the heck out of those horns. And the contra solo just rocked. Keep up the great work ladies.

Quite the contrary, we should extend our sincere congratulations on the Pioneers scoring so well thus far this summer.

No, trust me I'm stoked at how they've started. I know we're only a few shows in, but it looks like last year where the corps makes a bunch of improvements but the score doesn't reflect it. I think the corps should get some bonus points for the new unis B)