Racine Scores

Are you certain you want to use Cheney? He actually had relatives in Troopers...I believe.. :sumo:

:)

Yeah, the word I wanted to use is a 'naughty word,' and also his first name.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad Madison is climbing up in scores. That's good to see! ^OO^

anyone know if they are playing CF or AOC

No Matter what, Scouts will always be Bomb'n in my book.

Good Job Scouts!

I really dunno about the scouts yet... I think this win will be really good for them but there weren't alot of corps there and there is a lot of the season left! :sshh:

Glad to see Scouts move up a little... that's the way to do it!

It's interesting, though, that I find myself really pulling for Blue Stars and Troopers, too! Call me nostalgiac or whatever, but what I really like to see are any corps coming back from difficult years, and it's a big bonus that two of them coming back again this year are corps that go back to the very FIRST DCI competition. I just think that is just absolutely fantastic. ^OO^

I hate to see it at the expense of my corps, BUT... now is when the willingness to work hard will show itself and demonstrate who will do what's necessary to feel good about their effort in the end. I think a spirited competitive season would be good for everyone, instead of a stagnation of placement throughout the summer, where everyone knows who will win or be top 5 by the end of July.

Just looking at the names of the corps tonight in Racine has got to make you feel good in and of itself!

I watched Scouts practice from 10-4pm today, then went in for the show. I'm a huge Scouts fan, so I can't help but be a bit biased. I can see, however, why the scores are low. I thought the placements tonight were exactly how they should have been.

There were some definate phasing, marching out of step, etc... problems in rehearsal today. I attribute this to a few things. They are really spread out quite a few times. Other times the battery is way in back and there is phasing with the pit. Bad feet - well no excuse for that, especially June 22nd. Nothing that can't be corrected with some hard work. That being said, this could be a great show. I saw 2 runs in rehearsal, then the show.

Troopers are for real though. After they went on, I seriously thought that they might beat Scouts. I believe the last time this happened was '73, when I was a 1 year old. Then Scouts came on, and performed the best they did all day. My brother, MJN on DCP, will post some pics on Saturday.

One funny note. There was a point in rehearsal where they were running the closer, and a staff member said "I'd take that tonight. That was good. The problem is when we get to this point in the show, I don't get that same result you just gave me. If you give me that...." then someone in the corps said "we'll get a 62." Everyone laughted while the guy dropped for pushups. Good to know that they haven't let the scores, or negative comments get them down.

It was a great show. First sunburst I've seen since '91, I think. Scouts got the biggest ovations. The opening to Scouts show is amazing. I'll post more thoughts in the morning.

Edited by acn

First sunburst I've seen since '91

Did you see Troop in '95? Big Silent Sunburst closed the show to insanely lound standing ovations. The soloist at the end of the show can't be heard over the crowd on the cd.

Edited by troopernate