bones

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the pictures, xbones7480. Always appreciated.

Matt, I have the same problem!

Michelle, I mean coming off the field with the hand lock (like in the older photo posted here).

Unity.

Edited by oneanddone06

NO CAPES!!

ednamode.jpg

Genius!!!

Unity.

Exactly. Are they doing it? (I ask because when we changed directors my 1st year it was lost in the shuffle for a while and I'd hate for that to happen to anyone else.)

When it comes to Unity, some years it goes in on day one, and others it goes in later. There's no real rhyme or reason for it, suffice to say that it generally ALWAYS gets in there. The years I taught the corps, we usually waited until mid-season to put it in. Like seeing Bones, there often comes a point in the season when adding that bit of tradition requires perfect timing. In 1999, for example, we waited until the Sevierville show to add Unity. The perfect time and place...which, if I recall correctly, is exactly what we did in 1990 my rookie year.

So rest assured, if it's not in already, it will be. Count on it! :)

When it comes to Unity, some years it goes in on day one, and others it goes in later. There's no real rhyme or reason for it, suffice to say that it generally ALWAYS gets in there. The years I taught the corps, we usually waited until mid-season to put it in. Like seeing Bones, there often comes a point in the season when adding that bit of tradition requires perfect timing. In 1999, for example, we waited until the Sevierville show to add Unity. The perfect time and place...which, if I recall correctly, is exactly what we did in 1990 my rookie year.

So rest assured, if it's not in already, it will be. Count on it! :)

Thanks Gary!

(Turning attention to the scores)

If you've been following the scores, there hasn't been much movement in the total score for the four shows:

Total Score: 68, 67.95, 69.05, 69.15

But, there's a different picture in the recaps. Both the Brass and Percussion scores have steadily grown:

Horn Score: 11.2, 12, 12.7, 13.5

Percussion: 12.3, 13.5, 13.4, 13.7

Combined, these scores have increased 3.7 points since Toledo. But the odd thing is that while brass and percussion have increased, the ensemble score has decreased.

Ensemble: 15.1, 13.1, 14.5, 12.6 (-2.5 vs. 1st show)

I don't really understand modern judging enough to explain how the ensemble score can decline while the individual section score are going up. Can anyone else explain it?

The GE and Visual captions haven't had the kind of significant movement that the above captions have. If the ensemble score didn't decline while the brass and percussion scores rose, we'd be seeing the Crossmen in the low 70's now.

(Turning attention to the scores)

If you've been following the scores, there hasn't been much movement in the total score for the four shows:

Total Score: 68, 67.95, 69.05, 69.15

But, there's a different picture in the recaps. Both the Brass and Percussion scores have steadily grown:

Horn Score: 11.2, 12, 12.7, 13.5

Percussion: 12.3, 13.5, 13.4, 13.7

Combined, these scores have increased 3.7 points since Toledo. But the odd thing is that while brass and percussion have increased, the ensemble score has decreased.

Ensemble: 15.1, 13.1, 14.5, 12.6 (-2.5 vs. 1st show)

I don't really understand modern judging enough to explain how the ensemble score can decline while the individual section score are going up. Can anyone else explain it?

The GE and Visual captions haven't had the kind of significant movement that the above captions have. If the ensemble score didn't decline while the brass and percussion scores rose, we'd be seeing the Crossmen in the low 70's now.

I have a feeling with the past couple of days off they are starting to tweak the drill and music to possibly make things a bit easier on the hornline, who originally are moving and playing the entire show pretty much. It's early and I still am holding out much hope they will catch fire soon.