bones

Just found out that the Crossmen will be Valley Forge Academy for Allentown.

On the schedule that is showing as the housing site for Monday (Hershey), and that they are in Easton, PA for the weekend.

Edited again because I just confirmed this with Megh. They are pulling into Easton around 6am Saturday.

Edited by kac

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the schedule that is showing as the housing site for Monday (Hershey), and that they are in Easton, PA for the weekend.

Edited again because I just confirmed this with Megh. They are pulling into Easton around 6am Saturday.

Crossmen Housing for Allentown (July 7 and 8):

Phillip Lauer Middle School

2400 Firmstone Street

Easton, PA 18042

its hard for me to make a decision about the horn carriage cause i havnt seen it live and on the move yet. but i do like hat you can see the uniform more, and i love the motion from horns down to up. i can see the problem with it in terms of upper body movement though.

its hard for me to make a decision about the horn carriage cause i havnt seen it live and on the move yet. but i do like hat you can see the uniform more, and i love the motion from horns down to up. i can see the problem with it in terms of upper body movement though.

It is something that will only work when executed perfectly. Actually, any technique works with execution.... this one just happens to look really weak if not everyone is doing it the same. I saw them reherse in Erie and a few members with poor shoulder facings REALLY stood out against everyone else. I think it will work for them later in the summer after some more basics.

When body facing is not consistent, it's obvious. When arms are not aligned, it's obvious. When upper body cariage is not rock solid, it's VERY obvious (the low arms bounce around a lot). When carriage is good and body facing is consistent, it looks sharp and unique.

Whooops, I meant Hershey yet said Allentown!

Can't wait to see everyone on Sunday!

Woooo Hoooo!!!!

July 6th

Crossmen 72.050

Imagine how better their show would be if the guard had SHOW FLAGS.

Call To Arms!

The Crossmen Guard Needs Your Help!

CAA is raising money for Show Flags For Crossmen!!

visit: http://www.crossmenalumni.net for more information

Edited by xbones7480

Woooo Hoooo!!!!

July 6th

Crossmen 72.050

Call To Arms!

Regarding the latest scores. A round of applause for the Brass and Percussion sections. Both their individual scores hit season highs. The 14.8 the horn section got was 1.1 higher than any show previously. The 14.7 they got in percussion was 0.6 higher.

But, sadly, they got dinged in the CG caption, scoring their lowest in the season.

If show flags could help, it could be the best investment made in the Crossmen to actually help them. They are ranked just below the top 12 right now and just a few points could make the difference.

Woooo Hoooo!!!!

July 6th

Crossmen 72.050

Call To Arms!

Are the flags they are using now Practice Flags or are they just solid flags that the design team now considers not good enough?