Anaheim Kingsmen Alumni Corps

Right on, man! If it means anything, I'm looking forward to seeing a video of this performance somewhere down the road. Tickets to Pasadena aren't easy to come by when you're 16 and you're folks don't care for drum corps.

Ditto (except for the being 16 part :P ). Talked to two members of the corps today and the group is putting in some long tailed days no matter what age they are.

And I want to see a company front that needs a wide angle lens to get it all. B)

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't have tp apologize for anything. We are not trying to "win" anything. We already did that in 1972. We WILL peel the paint off the walls at The Rose Bowl with our big sound and the drum parts we are playing will turn some heads for sure. We are not just a bunch of "old people" going through the motions. We are people in our 40's 50's and some in our 60"s that are proud and honored to be Kingsmen and proud and honored that DCI has given us the opportunity to do this.

See you on the 50!

I agree completely. By the way, many feel the Kingsmen should also have won in 1974. No disrespect to the eventual winner that year, however, IMO, the 1974 Kingsmen corps was one of their very best....ever! Third place didn't do them justice!

No flames accepted.

Sounds like a VK Alumni Reunion to me. While there are more than a few ex-VK marching with the KAC I don't believe anyone other than me from the above list is actually marching. I see Scott and Rob about once a year at the local So Cal shows but I haven't seen Dave Ball since he bought my 65 VW bug in 82 (I would like to buy it back if he still has it though). I can confirm that Dr. Jim Brokke is not involved with the KAC percussion line at this time.

The best part about DCI being in So Cal is that I will probably run into everyone I ever knew in Drum Corps and that ain't a bad way to spend my summer.

Tony Antonelli is marching. He lives out here in Aurora, CO near us and we chatted at the last camp.

^OO^

The critics of what you are doing will be out there... and these two posts sum it up nicely regarding how much anyone doing the Kingsmen project this year should care about those attacker/haters. For anyone not to be able to see the good in it all takes a hateful person who is bitter, angry and most of all jealous.

Last year, we were called "old guys" ... "old fat guys" ... "blow hards" ... "selfish" ... "inflated ego's" ... and my personal favorite: "beer gut brigade." :laugh:

So, all things being "equal" (apparently) here now from a handful of fault-finding detractors, I guess you Kingsmen can now have that crap thrown at you, too, unless the mud slingers are hypocrits about their stand on such efforts by alumni/reunion groups, and will only apply it to whom or what they "hate" most.

BUT, I assure you, the number of people who will appreciate the effort and the show will FAR outweigh the haters. A year later, I STILL get people telling me (as recently as last week at the Lisle, IL show) our effort was "awesome."

That video clip is AWESOME... things really look and sound fantastic !!

Good for you, Kingsmen... :huh::huh:

Thanks.. your thoughts mean a lot! Lets face it, we are kinda old. But we are just as dedicated to this as we were when we were "younger" now we just have to work harder! ^OO^

One of KAC's members put together a list of all the drum corps (including cadet, junior and senior corps) our members marched at one time or another; at last count it was over 108, with a number of those names being corps long since gone and forgotten. Of the Top 12 junior corps or former finalists most folks normally think of, with the exception of a few most are represented such as BD, SCV, Cavies, PR, 27th, VK, BK, Crossmen, Freelancers, Colts, etc. For example, I noticed that Star was on the list but Garfield was not even though we have a slew of East Coasters in the ranks. To think this huge breadth of experience is uniting for this common goal is simply amazing.

Tony Antonelli is marching. He lives out here in Aurora, CO near us and we chatted at the last camp.

Oops...I don't know Tony :huh: Sorry.

One of KAC's members put together a list of all the drum corps (including cadet, junior and senior corps) our members marched at one time or another; at last count it was over 108, with a number of those names being corps long since gone and forgotten. Of the Top 12 junior corps or former finalists most folks normally think of, with the exception of a few most are represented such as BD, SCV, Cavies, PR, 27th, VK, BK, Crossmen, Freelancers, Colts, etc. For example, I noticed that Star was on the list but Garfield was not even though we have a slew of East Coasters in the ranks. To think this huge breadth of experience is uniting for this common goal is simply amazing.

Is that list going to get posted on the website?