Council of Cadets Borg

sexy

I posted this yesterday in another thread:

You beat me to the punch. I saw them live and bought the CD this past week in GA and also had the pleasure of watching rehearsal and the horn warmups. Impressive drum corps all the way around.

My question is this. I dont post here often due to the fact that I enjoyed my drum corps experience, most importantly what the Cadets taught me about working hard and taking risks. My success professionally is due to hard work, pushing the envelope and not running under the radar. I stand out. I have an opinion and express it with professionalism and tact.

In 1991 people booed Star of Indiana and I was angered. How dare you boo those kids to express your opinion about their show? Now? Star is looked back with reverence and appreciation and they are missed by most of our community. Would you boo them now? Probably not right?

There are so many revolutionary shows that changed what we now know as DCI from SCV in the early 70's to The Bridgemen, to Garfield Cadets (doomsday predictions, now many look like 87 Garfield), Cavies revolutionary drills, EEEKKKKKK 3 valves (which the traditionalists freaked when we went to ANY valve).

Change is a part of the world, whether it is business or personal. You job is to sometimes ride the wave, express your opinion where appropriate and, most importantly, work to come up with a better solution or give of yourself to help change. Nothing is more irritation to me is seeing people who criticize DCI for amps, but when I ask, what corp do you volunteer with or donate to and they have no answer. Who have you marched with? Who have you taught? What is your background in performance arts? In your job, what creative direction have you taken your company? Criketts churping.........

Dont wear a shirt that has an amp crossed out on it to a show. You degrade and embarrass yourself. Protest something that matters, like people dying in Iraq, not DCI with voice. Work in a positive manner to make the world safer and help stop killing, dont protest 19 yo kids with your political opinions.

Get the book The Secret. It says if you dont agree with something, dont protest against it, work to support something that is what you do support. Be positive and work for change in a positive way. Dont bash a corp or protest it because they have a hard working 19 year old who paid his/her summer to entertatin you.

Dont boycott these kids or wear shirts with crossed out mics and bring a political debate to a youth activity. Go volunteer with a corp that is not plugged in....well, that wont work cause most are....well, go volunteer with a corp who doesnt use voice and give them money !!! Be positive.

Protest by giving in a positive manner to somethign you believe in. Anyone can criticize, can you be an agent for change by making positive impacts in somethign you actually believe in?

I'm sure the attacks will commence, but I hope you take a moment and consider my thoughts.

Armchair quarterbacks are a dime a dozen. Those who are agents for change are a dying breed.

--------------------

Chris

Cadets Baritone 1990

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You beat me to the punch. I saw them live and bought the CD this past week in GA and also had the pleasure of watching rehearsal and the horn warmups. Impressive drum corps all the way around.

My question is this. I dont post here often due to the fact that I enjoyed my drum corps experience, most importantly what the Cadets taught me about working hard and taking risks. My success professionally is due to hard work, pushing the envelope and not running under the radar. I stand out. I have an opinion and express it with professionalism and tact.

In 1991 people booed Star of Indiana and I was angered. How dare you boo those kids to express your opinion about their show? Now? Star is looked back with reverence and appreciation and they are missed by most of our community. Would you boo them now? Probably not right?

There are so many revolutionary shows that changed what we now know as DCI from SCV in the early 70's to The Bridgemen, to Garfield Cadets (doomsday predictions, now many look like 87 Garfield), Cavies revolutionary drills, EEEKKKKKK 3 valves (which the traditionalists freaked when we went to ANY valve).

Change is a part of the world, whether it is business or personal. You job is to sometimes ride the wave, express your opinion where appropriate and, most importantly, work to come up with a better solution or give of yourself to help change. Nothing is more irritation to me is seeing people who criticize DCI for amps, but when I ask, what corp do you volunteer with or donate to and they have no answer. Who have you marched with? Who have you taught? What is your background in performance arts? In your job, what creative direction have you taken your company? Criketts churping.........

Dont wear a shirt that has an amp crossed out on it to a show. You degrade and embarrass yourself. Protest something that matters, like people dying in Iraq, not DCI with voice. Work in a positive manner to make the world safer and help stop killing, dont protest 19 yo kids with your political opinions.

Get the book The Secret. It says if you dont agree with something, dont protest against it, work to support something that is what you do support. Be positive and work for change in a positive way. Dont bash a corp or protest it because they have a hard working 19 year old who paid his/her summer to entertatin you.

Dont boycott these kids or wear shirts with crossed out mics and bring a political debate to a youth activity. Go volunteer with a corp that is not plugged in....well, that wont work cause most are....well, go volunteer with a corp who doesnt use voice and give them money !!! Be positive.

Protest by giving in a positive manner to somethign you believe in. Anyone can criticize, can you be an agent for change by making positive impacts in somethign you actually believe in?

I'm sure the attacks will commence, but I hope you take a moment and consider my thoughts.

Armchair quarterbacks are a dime a dozen. Those who are agents for change are a dying breed.

--------------------

Chris

Cadets Baritone 1990

ChrisNAtlanta, you are a wise member of the council.

Remember this council:

Defend only what is good

Good for the members

Good for the audience

Good for the activity

Should you choose to defend something that is Bad in some way, simply using the defense that one has the right to be bad, you will lose power within the galaxy, enemies will be many, and the dark side will consume you.

I actually laughed out loud. It is nice that people can be good-natured and have a sense of humour about the appellation (spring?) :P

borg.jpg

LOL LOL LOL !! I love the "borg" disagreements or not, and I would buy just about all of you guys a beer !! and watch drum corps with you too !!

~G~

I never said it was wrong for people to dislike it. I think it's wrong that everyone bashes GH for trying something different, but everyone's entitled to like or dislike it.

Everyone ? Dont lump me in there. If I like something or not, I tell him to his face.....I dont have any issues with the man, just talking or singing into a microphone.

~G~

Remember this council:

Defend only what is good

Good for the members

Good for the audience

Good for the activity

Should you choose to defend something that is Bad in some way, simply using the defense that one has the right to be bad, you will lose power within the galaxy, enemies will be many, and the dark side will consume you.

Yes. You are right...and that is what we're currently doing.

LOL LOL LOL !! I love the "borg" disagreements or not, and I would buy just about all of you guys a beer !! and watch drum corps with you too !!

~G~

I'll take you up on that. Perhaps we can head on over to the Westminister Lounge where we can get #### faced until The Cadets are announced as victorious again.

<filter cicrcumvention removed - jm>

Edited by Jami

--------------------

Chris

Cadets Baritone 1990

Well then Chris, lets just shut down this site, cancel all shows, all youth activities, all entertainment and devote all our time whats really important, huh ?? How ridiculous to take an issue and twist and mold it to your own benefit. I can do that too, so can anybodt lurking or posting here.

Belittiling someone who wears a crossed out amps shirt ?? Blasphemy, but then, I condemn you for posting in this newsgroup and not sending your money to Iraq.

Whats your point ??

People are involved in activities, and things are going to be debated, liked or not and discussed, there is a real world, and there are leisure activities...what would you have us do ??

~G~

I'll take you up on that. Perhaps we can head on over to the Westminister Lounge where we can get sh*tfaced until The Cadets are announced as victorious again.

No, not tonight, I start "my" tour tomorrow, NJ ! Then to New England, Allentown, and Hershey..then Atlanta.

~G~