I hope phantom is okay! (topics merged)

Indeed. Hold a good thought.

Yeah...I saw it on another thread. No updates as of yet. DCI.org said the hospitalization was precautionary. Let's hope so. Praying for everyone's safety.

I saw that too, so I'm thinking they must be "OK"; they made it to their compitition in NJ AND took 2nd place!! Way to go Phantom!!! I know the parents must be SO thrilled. My thoughts to the families.....

http://regiment.org/story.cfm?ID=713

I just talked to executive director Rick Valenzuela. Everyone is OK and has been released from the hospital.

They're on their way to Rome, N.Y., where they will spend two days (show and then rehearsal).

Keep an eye on www.regiment.org. I'll post an update as soon as more info is available.

But, the most important thing right now: Everyone is OK.

We sincerely appreciate everyone's concern. Thank you very, very much.

Greg Newell

Board of Directors

Phantom Regiment

www.regiment.org/story.cfm?ID=713

I just talked to executive director Rick Valenzuela. Everyone is OK and has been released from the hospital.

They're on their way to Rome, N.Y., where they will spend two days (show and then rehearsal).

Keep an eye on www.regiment.org. I'll post an update as soon as more info is available.

But, the most important thing right now: Everyone is OK.

We sincerely appreciate everyone's concern. Thank you very, very much.

Greg Newell

Board of Directors

Phantom Regiment

Thank you Greg.

I remember Phantom in 1986, Missouri(?) I think. Everyone had food poisoning from rusty water pipes at the school they were staying at. Ambulances that night all around the competition site. The corps had to do a standstill performance with the members they had left.

Sounds similar to the chicken salad incident from 2002 - there were people passing out during finals retreat.

Which I was lucky in 2002 that in the first place I wasn't a fan of chicken salad and still not a fan of the chicken salad.

I hope for safe travels for Phantom Regiment and all of the other corps, bus accidents are never a good thing.