Sunnyvale, California scores

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhhh Grenadiers did a 7 point jump in 2003 in the Northeast. It can happen!

7/5 - Grenadiers - 61.788

7/12 - Grenadiers - 68.875

with no show in between a 7.087 jump and we certainly deserved it too!

Then again, that's a whole 7 days where the members could do a little woodshedding. Brass jumped 3 points in a day, and then 5 points the next. Yeah, different judges, different situations, and the first two shows they went on without competition on their sheets. But still, the difference is astounding... And it shows just how dicey a reliance on scores can be.

Speaking from experience, Chops typically puts on a much better performance at the Sunday shows, and yet we usually score anywhere from 1 to 5 points lower than the previous day's performance. And with the same judging panel at that. How's that for unreliable scoring?

Hey hey, watch it now - Ron Perez gave me my flock of seagull haircut and it was hot!!

:ph34r:

Sure, sure ... and my platform shoes and big velvet bow tie from the '70s were to die for. Thank almighty Zeus no pictures of that travesty ever survived!

Other than the fact that I think it was absolutely nonsensical for anyone to try to compare scores a week and hundreds of mile apart ... the West Coast contingency is going to be very strong at DCA this year. It is only a matter of time before there are two open class DCA finalists from California.

Other than the fact that I think it was absolutely nonsensical for anyone to try to compare scores a week and hundreds of mile apart ... the West Coast contingency is going to be very strong at DCA this year. It is only a matter of time before there are two open class DCA finalists from California.

I'd bet on two Minnesota corps in open finals first. Where were the last two A champs from?

^0^

Just stirrin' the pot. Gotta root for the home team.

I'd bet on two Minnesota corps in open finals first. Where were the last two A champs from?

^0^

Just stirrin' the pot. Gotta root for the home team.

West is Best. ^0^

MIDwest is best. ^0^

Hey, hey - save it for your own t-shirt bud. ;)

Besides, don't you know that a large number of Cali people are Midwest transplants? (Myself included, via the East Coast.)

One performance at a time, guys. Fourth of July is next!

Besides, don't you know that a large number of Cali people are Midwest transplants? (Myself included, via the East Coast.)

So, what you're saying is that the reason the Cali corps are so good is that they've all taken talent from the Midwest?

^0^