Age Out Ceremonies in the 70s'-80's !

I'm still rubbing the bruise on my a@@ from the door hitting me on the way out...but I got a feather!!!! b**bs

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't remember there being any ceremony at all for BD. But I did get a nice plaque with the eagle from the front of my shako mounted on it at the banquet.

I didn't leave my shoes on the field for my age-out year even though some members did. I knew we still had a few more shows after finals as well as a parade.......so, I left my lucky penny that was always inside my shoe.

At our banquet, the age-out members were given a plaque.

Nothing to do with age out ceremones but was wondering, does anyone remember there being fireworks at finals -- behind us so the guard never saw them!!?? We didn't move..... :doh::doh:

I believe during 4th of July shows there were sometimes good fireworks. George B. would do his own display (illegal in MA but I guess not in the various states we were in :doh:) ...the buses would be facing sideways so no one would miss it! :angry:

Edited by LancerFi

I don't remember there being any ceremony at all for BD. But I did get a nice plaque with the eagle from the front of my shako mounted on it at the banquet.

*sniff* I never got mine *sniff*

'Course, I was in tech school during the banquet.....

• 2 weeks later...

I still have my plaque. No ceremony though.

I did give my shoes to one of my students who marched Freelancers. He left them on the field for both of us in his age out year.

No ceremony, no plaque, no nothin' ...

I aged out on September 11, 1976 at NJ Legions in Wildwood. I can still remember just wandering around after we came off the field feeling sad that the moment wasn't recognized ...

I always felt for the ones who didn't get to march finals their age out year. Prelims as your last show is pretty anti-climactic. Didn't march my age out year, but at one point I had hoped to leave my white bucks on the field as I had worn them for many years. But, then our corps changed to black shoes which I hated so the magic wasn't there anyway. Was a fun tradition though.

Someone suggested that the Kingsmen Alumni Corps come onto the field in their socks and put their shoes on. Great idea but not too practical

You got more than me, Chris!!! No plaque or anything :blink: