Bluecoats 2007 One Stop Shop

Canton Bluecoats 2007  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the show overall?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Take it or leave it.
  2. 2. What would you say 'Coats strength is this year?

• Brass
    • Percussion
    • Guard
    • Visual package
    • Overall show design/cohesion of concept
  3. 3. What would you say 'Coats weakness is this year?

• Brass
    • Percussion
    • Guard
    • Visual Package
    • Overall show design/cohesion of concept

I just saw the coats show live last night in Port Huron and LOVE it! They whole corps is doing a great job performing and really selling the theme. It is a show that grabs your attention and pulls you in as they set up on the field and doesn't let go until they exit the field.

I have to say I love the Bluecoats show this year..Hard for me to say what the main strength is so I'll just say a tie between brass and percussion..I voted visual for the weakness simply because they seem so solid in every other area..The only thing that bothers me about the visual program is when they stay behind the tarp for a good amount of time and also in the ballad when there is not much going on in the first half of it..But I understand what they are trying to do with the tarp by creating a nice visual effect when they back out..It's just a little too long for me..It's also hard for me to complain about the ballad because they could be doing some body movement which I just couldn't see..Right now they have my favorite show but of course there is still one corps I haven't seen yet: SCV!

How about dropping the beat box thing and instead inserting an appropriate tune for the visual feel, especially since the corps is kinda running away.

I was at the Kalamazoo show and the beat boxing has been dropped... unless they were having PA/microphone problems that night.

I hate quoting myself .. so I won't. But am I the only one who is a bit confused now that the visual package has been picked apart? Did I miss something along the way? Does anyone have some insight regarding my questions or ......... nodda?

Obviously I am biased, but they really don't have weaknesses. The horns hiding behind the props will be dealt with soon enough, but overall I think it's an amazing show. But some visual things do need tweaking, so that is their weakness at the moment.

But hey, they beat BD and Cavaliers tonight, and wow...I just can't believe it.

Now, I have seen some great suggestions for updates to this prison show, and I have been trying to push mine too, and that's this:

to have a Paris Hilton look-alike come out of jail on finals night with a judges tablet and a lot of paparazzi waiting for interviews.

:)

JW