The Rotary Room

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dale, Dale, Dale. Have you forgotten about Lisa Ho?

No, not at all. She was a euphonium, not a lead bari, at least in '86!

For the guy wanting to know about Southwind... I hope that an honest question and not a smartmouth belittling of a corps. If so I would like to meet you out behind the woodshed to give you some manners. The portion of the show that wasn't rained out was in order, Capital Sound a fun small corps with a show that is progressing, Pioneer: I have seen them at EVERY show I have attended and tonight was by FAR their best. Would have loved to see their score. Pacific Crest: They used their mics, but the wording was so fast and lost to the music that I couldn't tell you what it was they said. They had very entertaining music and great looking guard unis. As Spirit was bringing their equipment to the field the lightning bolt blinded the crowd, it was BRIGHT and LONG. It was instantly that the public address anouncer called for everyone to head to the gym for a standstill. Spirit was up first and WOW what a sound. They did their show and then blew the roof off with their corps song , "Georgia" ? Next was Blue Star. They have a really fun pit and some great music. Their guard sat out in front of them in street clothes and you could watch them moving their hands and heads like they couldn't control it. Just as natural as breathing. I don't know if they even relized they were doing it. Next up was Southwind, They actually had their guard perform in front of the arc and it was a great show untill the sopranos at the end lost their chops completely. they then played their corps song. MAD PROPS TO THE CYMBAL LINE..... remember cymbal lines, the Southwind line kicks a#@!!!! Next up was the corps known as SCV, the Jones family introduced us to some extreme stick movement while the corps lined up. This show is got to be seen as the music was really boring and there were big segments missing, extended silent counts. After the performance they then treated us to the " Send in the Clowns" moment. It was very fitting as there were some alumni in the stands. Up last was Madison. Their music is really fun to listen to and has to be fun to play. they did their show and added some extra music including," You'll Never Walk Alone". The Cedarburg group putting this on was TOPNOTCH. I will highly recommend this show to everyone for next year. Now pm me guy who wants to rip n Southwind publicly.... ^0^