Lowest Score Ever?

We've been discussing on the Cavalier Alumni site who holds the lowest score ever recorded. We really are not discussiing it to slam that corps, (although there were a FEW LOL's) we are discussiing it purely from a numbers prospective.

The one we came up with was in 1981 in Madison 4.20, Los Charros (3.7 in M&M -- .9 in Percussion -- 1.1 in Brass -- 2.6 in GE -- 4.1 in penalties)

Los Charros was a feeder corps in Illinois to The Vaqueros.

Again, not looking to make fun, (well, maybe a little) just curious.

Edited by dc oldtimer

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Braintree Braves were reported to have scored a 1.9 (on class C sheets!) in Waltham, MA, on 7/24/1994, but I'm thinking that may be a typo. On the other hand, they were also reported as scoring 3.6 (again, on class C sheets) at Randolph, MA, on 6/27/1992, with a couple other outings scoring under 10 early that season.

We've been discussing on the Cavlaier Alumni site who holds the lowest score ever recorded. We really are not discussiing it to slam that corps, (although there were a FEW LOL's) we are discussiing it purely from a numbers prospective.

The one the we came up with was in 1981 in Madison 4.20, Los Charros (3.7 in M&M -- .9 in Percussion -- 1.1 in Brass -- 2.6 in GE -- 4.1 in penalties)

Los Charros was a feeder corps in Illinois to The Vaqueros.

Again, not looking to make fun, (well, maybe a little) just curious.

Muchachos.... 1975..... after being ratted on by another Corps that withheld their knowledge of overage member in Muchachos with DCI until just before the SemiFinals competition that year , and thus this Corps received a " DISQ. " which technically is the lowest score a Corps can receive. This lowest score has been attained by just a few other Corps over the years ( ie, Bridgemen, Crossmen also come to mind that received the lowest score possible.... a " DISQ.)

Edited by BRASSO

I seem to remember in the 75-76 years a show we marched that a small corps something like the marksmen or something from MI scored a 7 something without any penalties

Hey Mitch,

You should learn how to spell "Cavalier". Somebody get his shorts. :rolleyes:

A BIG LOL!!!!!!!! I'll get my own shorts for that one!!

Corrected. Thank God for the editing function.

Braintree Braves were reported to have scored a 1.9 (on class C sheets!) in Waltham, MA, on 7/24/1994, but I'm thinking that may be a typo. On the other hand, they were also reported as scoring 3.6 (again, on class C sheets) at Randolph, MA, on 6/27/1992, with a couple other outings scoring under 10 early that season.

Ah yes, the Braves, I remember them. I was just a kid the last time they were out, but I remember them.

Muchachos.... 1975..... after being ratted on by another Corps that withheld that knowledge and until just before the SemiFinals competition that year , and thus this Corps received a " DISQ. " which technically is the lowest score a Corps can receive. This lowest score has been attained by just a few other Corps over the years ( ie, Bridgemen, Crossmen also come to mind that received the lowest score possible.... a " DISQ.)

I guess I'll rephrase the question;

Lowest score without being DQ'd?

Ah yes, the Braves, I remember them. I was just a kid the last time they were out, but I remember them.

Yes, the Braintree Braves had I believe 3 marchers. Mom and Dad transported the Corps in the family Car, with the Corps equipment in the back seat or the trunk. ( Corps traveling expenses were the lowest and most efficient in the activity). Corps " camp " was held in the downstairs basement in winter, and in good weather, the front porch or parking pavement ( when Dad moved the car out )

The post show critique among the Corps marchers and staff must have made for interesting conversation as to what it would take to improve at the next competition. ( would anybody here be shocked if we found out that this was perhaps one hellava shrewed and legal ( but callous ) tax deduction for the family hobby, business, auto, home, etc ? ) Sometimes we think people are stupid and crazy. Then we find out, maybe they wern't as stupid as we thought. Just..... crazy.

Edited by BRASSO