Our Obligation...

I have seen countless Forums & Posts about what certain organizations/associations/cliques can do to advance DC. And have been encouraged by numerous Posters who suggest that it is our Duty to further DC by our individual actions and efforts. Let's face facts - there are more of us who have participated in this wonderful activity than on the BODs of DCI, G7/8, and Corps collectively. So...What do YOU do to contribute and what advice can you offer to those of us who are as yet uninvolved?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen countless Forums & Posts about what certain organizations/associations/cliques can do to advance DC. And have been encouraged by numerous Posters who suggest that it is our Duty to further DC by our individual actions and efforts. Let's face facts - there are more of us who have participated in this wonderful activity than on the BODs of DCI, G7/8, and Corps collectively. So...What do YOU do to contribute and what advice can you offer to those of us who are as yet uninvolved?

Pick your favorite corps, donate money, and volunteer your time and expertise as much as you can.

You'll find that it will keep returning rewards to you for the rest of your life.

Edited by BDUFLS

Get a group of people together, study your market, and host a show.

You'll learn SO much about the people, the activity, and the work that goes into drum corps!

Or, if there's a local show near you contact the organizers and offer to help. Be a "local contact" to greet corps as they arrive. Drive staff to the stores for supplies. Shuttle kids to clinics. Be a ticket-taker or join the stadium crew. There are multiple places show sponsors need help, both professional and "grunt".

Few things will pay dividends as great, IMO.

Edited by garfield

1. Get on an internet forum and gripe

2. Get together with your buddies and gripe

3. ?????

4. Profit!

1. Get on DCP and be a bobble head and agree drum corps is the healthiest it's ever been in it's history

2. Same at #1 but more people

3. XXXX

4. Hmmm.....

I know it's not much, but...

I am the graphic artist for a small, weekly South Milwaukee newspaper. I was able to sneak a pair of 'filler' ads into my pages this past DC season and plan on sneaking as many more in that I can this coming season. As long as I don't attract the attention of accounting (by making them look too much like advertising) I should be able to get stuff into several issues.

I did a 'Thank You' at the beginning of the season and a 'Congratulations' at the end, both to Pioneer. I plan on setting up some for Kilties and Racine Scouts, along with more Pioneer, this winter for shows coming to the area in 2011. Hopefully they'll do well enough to get some extra show tickets sold. :laughing:

Pick your favorite corps, donate money, and volunteer your time and expertise as much as you can.

You'll find that it will keep returning rewards to you for the rest of your life.

/thread

1. Get on DCP and be a bobble head and agree drum corps is the healthiest it's ever been in it's history

2. Same at #1 but more people

3. XXXX

4. Hmmm.....

What?

I love this thread - so I will throw in my thoughts and ideas!

Find a local corps, big or small, and help in anyway you can. money, time, some skills you have that may be needed, anything you can do. I remember when I marched there were a few folks, parents of members and some that had no kids in the corps, and they didn't have a "job" with the corps, they had 5 jobs with the corps!

I can cook, drive and I can lift and move heavy objects. I can do anything they need. That's what WE need to do!!