Of course you are!!! LOL

I did my damnest trying to configure a limerick with "Lisko" and "Nantucket" but alas no luck.....

I'm no match for the King, but this came to mind till he gets around to it:

There once was a snare from Nantucket

who played hard and drank from a bucket.

He once wore red, for which he bled,

then he walked away, but not astray

and now we all sit around and discuss it.

Edited by gsksun4
  • Like 1

Is it Elvis?

BTW, has anyone heard from our friend John Smith lately?

Hey, Glenn, here I am. I was out of the loop for a bit, and as Nanci said, have been on Facebook more than here. I've become somewhat addicted to "Words With Friends" on there! (I started playing that as a diversion during some difficult time in January and February when my dad suffered a stroke and eventually passed away.)

Meanwhile, we've also been busy getting new music ready to start the new season next week at the Dixie Stinger. I hope to see a lot of folks there. If all continues to go well, I'm also expecting to be back on the field this season. :thumbup:

Edited by cabalumnidrummer

OK, Lil Selden perc info: On snare we had Henry Gumbus, he did march Sky 70's, Jimmy Gould, and Dave Long. Think Dave marched Sky at some point. Dave and Jimmy were cousins. There was an alt. Stan Vogt, but he wasn't around much that I recall. . Their precision of course. Heh.

Henry marched with Sky from 74 through 78 or 79 ... Dave joined in 66 but then got drafted ... he and his cousin Jim did get to play with Sky's Alumni though for several years ... I think they both live in TX now ... I also thought Henry's brother played snare with Selden ... don't recognize the other names ...

:-)

I'm no match for the King, but this came to mind till he gets around to it:

There once was a snare from Nantucket

who played hard and drank from a bucket.

He once wore red, for which he bled,

then he walked away, but not astray

and now we all sit around and discuss it.

I be liking the rough draft!!!

Edited by NanciD

Hey, Glenn, here I am. I was out of the loop for a bit, and as Nanci said, have been on Facebook more than here. I've become somewhat addicted to "Words With Friends" on there! (I started playing that as a diversion during some difficult time in January and February when my dad suffered a stroke and eventually passed away.)

Meanwhile, we've also been busy getting new music ready to start the new season next week at the Dixie Stinger. I hope to see a lot of folks there. If all continues to go well, 'm also expecting to be back on the field this season. :thumbup:

Hugs and best wishes, C'ap! Hope to see you soon!

Meanwhile, we've also been busy getting new music ready to start the new season next week at the Dixie Stinger. I hope to see a lot of folks there. If all continues to go well, 'm also expecting to be back on the field this season. :thumbup:

Welcome back John. Very sorry to hear about your dad. Difficult times indeed, been there.

On the up side, best of luck with the new music and knock em silly on the field. As always.